Chit Chat
Options

I GOT MARRIED THIS WEEKEND!!!! (pics)

Got married this past Saturday and it was a perfect day!!! I mainly lurked on here, not really known by anyone but I learned a lot from the different boards. Thank you for all the advice that I learned while on here!

The pics that I am posting are so far the sneak peeks that my photographer has released for us to view. He took a little over 2k and we're getting 400-600 once he's done editing and picking through them! I'm so excited to see all of them!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I GOT MARRIED THIS WEEKEND!!!! (pics)

• Options
    beautiful congrats!

• Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Congrats! The pictures look lovely!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Congrats! Love the pictures!
  • Options
    Congrats!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Yeah! Another winter bride with snow pictures! Congrats!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Congrats!! I love combination of tropical flowers and snow.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!

• Options
    Belthil said:
    You should of seen the vendors reacting to my Hawaiian leis!! LMAO!! All of my vendors HAD to get a photo of me (bride) or us (the couple) with our leis on because here in the Albany, NY area, you just don't SEE leis, for anything haha. I mean my husband' family was like "Uhhh leis? what?" xD

AprilH81 - I wasn't too thrilled about it...but once the day got there and I saw all the snow around us and how PERFECT the day was going..and now the pics too, I am not regretting anything haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    CLI242009 said:
    Belthil said:
    You should of seen the vendors reacting to my Hawaiian leis!! LMAO!! All of my vendors HAD to get a photo of me (bride) or us (the couple) with our leis on because here in the Albany, NY area, you just don't SEE leis, for anything haha. I mean my husband' family was like "Uhhh leis? what?" xD

AprilH81 - I wasn't too thrilled about it...but once the day got there and I saw all the snow around us and how PERFECT the day was going..and now the pics too, I am not regretting anything haha
    @cli242009

We got married on January 25th (this year).  It started snowing in the middle of the night and didn't stop until the end of our reception (4:00 pm).  We ended up with 6 inches of snow and our first task as a married couple was to shovel the driveway so we could get the SUV into the garage and unload everything.  lol

We got some AMAZING pictures in the snow and I will be AWing in the next day or so once I get the pics back from our photographer.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    BelthilBelthil member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited February 2014
    I love your leis! I've never seen a white one before.

My SIL got married in February 2 years ago. She wanted snow and had all these ideas for pictures in the snow. We live an area of Canada that has snow for 7-8 months a year so we all figured A.) Snow wouldn't be an issue and B.) we'd be freezing our butts off in -40 with snow whipping everywhere. But the weather decided otherwise it was almost above freezing and we had almost no snow. 

ETA: you look gorgeous!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Belthil - We thought what is happening right now on the east coast was going to happen on our wedding day. Everything happens for a reason right?

Thank you for the compliment. I keep staring at the photos and thinking "this is NOT me?!?"

About the leis - I wish you could see my husband's but the reason I have two is because:
    1) purple and white is from my father. it's tradition in MY family to receive a lei from your parents when you reach a milestone (marriage, graduation, child is born, etc.)

2) the white lei is to go with my husband's green maile lei. in hawaii "tradition" instead of ring exchange you can do a lei exchange instead. (took it off after the first dance and put it around the cake table that's why there's no photographs of him wearing it yet) 

Instead of a unity candle or unity sand ceremony we did a lei exchange between the two of us....=)

AprilH81 - Oh wow o.o I am so sorry. I mean NOW it's hilarious to tell this story but the day of (and this is just me) I would not be a happy bride, especially knowing how exhausted I was afterwards haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Congratulations!

• Options
    congrats date twin!
  • Options
    congrats date twin!

*stuck in the box*

Hope your day went perfectly as well twin ^_~ Congrats to you too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Yay and congrats!!

• Options
    I was just curious.....but when I view the thread my pictures are gone...=( are they gone for everyone?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I still see them

• Options
    That's a fabulous church!

Can you take one for the team and tell the spechul snowflakes not to make their brideslaves cover their tattoos? :-D

Congrats!

• Options
    CLI242009CLI242009 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    That's a fabulous church! Can you take one for the team and tell the spechul snowflakes not to make their brideslaves cover their tattoos? :-D Congrats!
    I just want to say that she DID have to wear a shawl during the ceremony because it was a Catholic Mass ceremony. I did not want her to cover them but our priest & MIL did warn us that there might be those who are offended. Especially with her being MoH and being up on the alter. I did not care, nor did my husband but my girlie wanted to make a good impression (this would be their first impression meeting her) so she decided to cover it. The moment the ceremony was done she removed it and everyone was fine =)

I didn't make my girls do anything. Just asked them to be there and they did everything else on their own. They wouldn't let me do anything on my own lol

Edit to add in comment: yes i would tell any and all brides who try to do it that it will make the photos even more beautiful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Gorgeous pictures!

Congratulations!!!

• Options
    Beautiful pics- I love a winter wedding :) Congrats!
  • Options
    Gorgeous! I love the leis tradition.
  • Options
    Thank you!!!!

I know I'm AWing....but every bride gets the right to, right? This is also helping my self esteem so thank you ladies! I still can't believe that, that is me in the pics o.o!! Haha

I'm so so happy with the pictures. I can't wait to see all of them *does a happy dance*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, gorgeous church!

Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations! The pictures are beautiful! Wishing you both endless years of love & happiness!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards