Wedding Party

Unique Groomsmen Gifts?

Does anyone have any ideas for unique groomsmen gifts?  Our wedding is not for another 6 months so I am just starting to brainstorm for my FI.  His groomsmen don't really drink so he doesn't want to go with the typical flask or shot glass or bottle opener.  Money clips or cuff links are a maybe.  I also like the idea of personalized bag for toiletries and possibly adding in a shaving kit, but thought you ladies might have some out-of-the-box ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Unique Groomsmen Gifts?

• Your FI would probably be a better source for this than you, and certainly better than we. What are they interested in? Is one a craft beer fan? A science fiction buff? Is one into football? Hockey? My DH's groomsman is a pilot. He gave him a beautiful vintage-looking framed world map for his office.
  • @Blue_Bird - thanks. Yeah my FI and I have brainstormed together but I'm realizing that maybe the reason we can't come up with anything unique is because we've been thinking of one gift that would work for all the guys. But to your point, we should think of what each one likes, I guess they all don't have to be the same.

• farram19, they definitely don't and shouldn't really. These are your FI's dear friends presumably. He's giving them gifts to show his appreciation for their friendship over the years, as well as being a part of the wedding. The reason you'll see a lot of those cookie cutter useless wedding party gifts is because the wedding industry pushes them as a way to make money. And isn't it easier to think of something "unique" when you're thinking of the individual person rather than trying to come up with five of something that's never been done before? Nine times out of ten, it's something that will sit on a shelf and not be used unless some thought is put into the individual it's being given to. Don't waste your money. :-)
  • We ended up getting all of our groomsmen the same gift. Our bagpiper and FFIL is getting the same thing as the groomsmen. However, we didn't plan on that. We found these amazing pocket knives that really are perfect for the guys in the WP because they're all military/retired military/corrections officers, and there's been a pretty strong tradition of giving cool (and useful!) knives as gifts in this small circle. If we hadn't stumbled upon these knives, we would have gotten other things for the guys. I would say it's definitely best to buy each person something that really fits them instead of trying to get everyone the same thing.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• My FI was BM in a wedding, and he got a really nice wine tools set; we use it all the time and it's a very sweet reminder of the wedding for both of us (he was BM, I was MOH).  So trust me, if you get them something meaningful or useful; it won't even need to have the wedding date on it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You cannot advertise here. @KnotPorscha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards