Not Engaged Yet

Friday Chit Chat

So, my day got off to a mildly crappy start but I think it's now improving. FI was determined to make it in to the office today even though his boss was staying home due to the snow. I REALLY didn't want him to go because I knew I'd need his help if I wanted any chance of digging my car out. I had planned to make us a really nice V-Day dinner, but in order to do that I'd actually have to make it to the store. Luckily for me, FI waited at the station for almost 20 minutes (along with about 200 other people) before realizing that it didn't look like any trains were coming (and if one did arrive, it would probably be too packed to board). So, he's stopping at the DD for us and then walking back home - where he should have stayed in the first place! I rescheduled an appointment I had for this afternoon, so I'm home for the day as well.

What are you all doing today? Any good plans for the weekend?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Friday Chit Chat

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Its been a long week and I am soo ready for the weekend. FI and I went out for our Valentine's dinner last night...WE GOT EACH OTHER THE SAME CARD. How does that even happen? We got a good laugh out of it.

Tonight we are staying in, lighting a fire in the fireplace, renting movies, and drinking ALL THE WINE. ;) I'm excited.

Tomorrow I'm going to see my nephew and give him the Valentines I got him. Then FI and I are hanging out with some friends. Hope your day continues to improve @Hummingbird125!

Anniversary

• I'm at work today, I almost called out, but the roads on my street weren't that bad, the rest of the ride was like riding on a ice rink, so that was fun.

@hummingbird125 I would kill for some DD now, our cafeteria is closed and I just don't feel like walking anywhere for breakfast. I might go to Subway for lunch, it's still up in the air.

Tonight if the roads are better, FI and I are leaving for my parent's house for the weekend. My parents finally have DSL internet so FI is going to help set that up while my mom and I look for dresses for her for the wedding. We might be going out to dinner too, I don't know yet. I just know there will be lots of wine.

Sunday we leave early and head back home because @brisox81, her BF and her adorable puppy are going to visit me for the night. We're going to eat pizza and play CAH. I'm so excited for FI to meet what he calls "your friends in your computer".

I have to work Monday :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I'm waiting by the phone waiting for Disney Fairy Tale Weddings to call/email!  I have such HORRIBLE luck though.

Anniversary
  • this morning, while H was cooking breakfast, I laid out his Valentine's gift on his pillow to surprise him.  and he was surprised!!

this afternoon, we're going to squeeze in our Insanity workout, then clean up and go out to jump at the adult trampoline zone.  that is our Valentine's "date".  hopefully my legs won't be dead from Insanity.  I think we're going to go eat onion burgers after that (H's choice) and then do our grocery shopping (it's like right next door to the onion burger place).

I want to get gelato later tonight but we'll see. 

we have Monday off, so I think we're going to till the garden and I might stick my onions and shallots in the ground.  it's going to be very nice outside for the next week or so.  for my Valentine's gift, I asked H to hang some shelving in our master bath, so I'm HOPING he will do that on Monday since we have the day off.  I guess we'll see.
  • There was a ton of ice on the roads this morning but I got to work safely for the first time this week since Monday. I had major cabin fever and I so desperately needed to get out of the house.

Tomorrow is H's and my engagement anniversary! Yay! I can't believe it has already been one year! Best year yet!

Tonight H is cooking lamb and I'll be making some sort of dessert. We are basically re-living our Valentine's Day from last year.

Tomorrow we are going to a Couple's French Cooking Class and I get to learn a bunch of different cooking techniques so I'm super excited about that!

Sunday H has another CrossFit competition all day so this weekend will be just the two of us! Love my man!

• edited February 2014
    @Buddysmom80 - So, the DD by us is at a BP gas station - FI somehow came home with three cup-of-noodles, a redbull, and an iced tea. NO BREAKFAST. He's failing at life.

Just kidding, I haven't had cup-of-noodles in about 6 years, and I'm kind of really excited for it, but I really could have used a boston cream donut....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm working from home again today. The roads are a little icy now but once we get above freezing in a couple hours they'll be fine. FI and I went to Whole Foods last night and bought a bunch of fancy, organic, upscale stuff for our dinner party tonight. Sometimes I think it's worth it to splurge on food.

I'm really hoping to have a quiet afternoon because I need to get some cleaning done before we have guests over. Once I'm officially off work at 5 I'm going to start food prep. I'm making Warm Belgian Endive and Pine Nut Salad, roasted asparagus, and Chicken Cordon Bleu for dinner. We also have cheese and sausage for appetizers and I bought some dark chocolate bars and tiramisu for dessert.

This weekend we don't have any plans at all. The ground is super saturated from our 4 or 5 inches of snow melting so FI and I won't be able to do any yard work. Maybe we'll take the opportunity to work on some pending projects...like our guest bathroom.

• @Hummingbird125, haha, your poor FI is having a weird day - his haul from the BP cracked me up! But I'm glad he'll be home with you - that's always a nice start to a weekend!

So today I'll be digging out my car, doing homework, and working 3-11. JOY.

Tomorrow is my best friend's bridal shower! I'm excited, it should be fun. :)

Sunday I work and study a lot again, and then there's The Walking Dead in the evening.

• Hi! 

I woke up furious. I get my bonus on this day every year for 6 years. When I got up, my paycheck had been deposited but no bonus. I came to work prepared to make heads roll. But then I spoke to my boss who seemed surprised that this happened and I've been told not to worry and he's taking care of it so YAY. 

I am super excited for dinner with H tonight. He's been super snuggly lately too which makes me happy :)

Tomorrow I have my cousin's bridal shower about 2 hours away but I just found out that we're getting another THREE motherfucking INCHES of snow during the day and I honestly do not want to drive in that so there's a possibility I might have to skip it. I am seeing her and the rest of my cousin's next Saturday so I don't think I'll feel so guilty if it comes to that. 

• Congrats on the awesome bonus, @allusive007! That has got to feel really good. :)
  • @Swazzle - MORE SNOW???? I cannot dig my car out any more. Can't. Do. It. I'm done, I'm going to just wait for Spring to come and melt everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Hummingbird125 - LOL Enjoy your random gas station snacks! He should have brought home Slim Jims too. Slim Jims are the best. 

@severmilli12 - That is SO CUTE that you gave each other the same card! I love that. I ordered H a card from Etsy again this year, the front says "Guess what" and then the inside says "You're my favorite husband" which is something I say to him IRL all. the. time. so I was really excited to find that on there. 

@buddysmom80 - I'm so jealous of your Sunday! Give @BriSox81 an extra hug for me. 

• @swazzle your card sounds cute! I guess I should start getting cards from Etsy so FI and I don't have the same cards again! I couldn't believe it. Of all the cards in the world...
    Anniversary

• @allusive007- Spanish tapas sounds so good! We love doing cooking classes! We both want to do a sushi or pasta making one next!
  • @Swazzle - MORE SNOW???? I cannot dig my car out any more. Can't. Do. It. I'm done, I'm going to just wait for Spring to come and melt everything.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but yes, apparently we're getting another 3 inches throughout tomorrow. I haven't moved my car in WEEKS. H knows he has to dig it out tonight before we go to bed (he'll be at work tomorrow) in case I end up going to the shower tomorrow because it's like 2 layers of ice and then 2 layers of snow and some slush mixed in and I can't deal with that. 

• I'm working from home again today, so is FI for at least part of the day.  Not sure if we are going out to dinner tonight or may be tomorrow night.  I have rehearsal all day tomorrow and rehearsal on Sunday.  We also have off on Monday and our plan is to go looking for wedding bands.   Yay.  I heard we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow, I really hope it doesn't snow at all.

Anniversary

• @allusive007 and @swazzle congrats on the bonuses this year!!!! I like how you guys get them right around tax season too, all the money coming in! We get our bonus around Christmas which is nice, but mine is usually small and I take a bigger raise every year. This year when I have my review I might switch that just to see if it pays off

@hummingbird125 FI eats cup of noodles all the time. They smell gross for me. Days I don't feel like cooking, he's like "have a cup of noodles for dinner" no thanks.

@swazzle I will give @brisox81 an extra hug from you! I miss you and @hummingbird125 already!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Swazzle - Eff the snow! Come visit me. It's supposed to be in the 70s this weekend and back to the 80s by Tuesday. 

@LivLeighton - Well that sucks. Maybe he should wear a sign that says "I hate Valentine's Day"? I mean, I went through a nasty breakup with exFI a few days before VDay in 2012, but I don't remember spewing venom at well-meaning people. 

• @Swazzle - I know here in Ohio it's 2 more days of 20's and then next week 40's and even 50's!!  YAY TAKE THAT SNOW!  Uhg.... my backyard is going to be a major landmine field - I should hire the cleanup out.  YAY on your bonus!

@allusive007 - Congrats on your newly found debt free lifestyle (and raise!).  I got my raise yesterday too!

Still waiting on Disney - even if its bad news, I just want the darn call!!  I'm not going to let it ruin my day, I've been in a pretty good mood all day so far.

Anniversary
  • BF and I are going to this painting class tonight. I'm really excited, I've been wanting to go for a while now. This is what we will be painting:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Awww @LivLeighton - Poor guy.  Was he mean about it?  If he was just sad, I'm sure you made his day.   
  • @Southernpeach89 - Sushi would be amazing. I've heard it's pretty difficult, but how awesome would it be to be able to make it yourself?!

@Buddysmom80 - So you get to choose between a bonus or a raise each year? I've never heard of that. I'd guess over the long run the rais would pay off more (plus when you left the company you could say you earned more there), but maybe i'm wrong?

@LivLeighton - Sorry your day started like that. You didn't do anything wrong, he's obviously just going through a hard time. Hopefully everyone else you run into today will be cheery!

@Ollie08 - Those painting classes are so much fun. What a great V-day idea!! Hope you two have a blast tonight!

@Peaseblossom55 - 4 months? WOO HOO!!!

• @Ollie08 have fun at the painting class tonight, it sounds like a blast.  There are places near me that do that and they are BYOB too.

Anniversary

• @Allusive007 - Major congrats on being debt free!  That is a huge accomplishment.

@Buddysmom80 - Where are you going on your honeymoon?  Sorry if I missed it.

• @allusive007, I'm so jealous of your bonus and your debt-free life. That's incredible. 

I say that I'm debt free...but as a couple we still have a long way to go to chip away at H's debt and student loans. He didn't make the best choices when he was younger...but we are working on it week by week. You can and will get there - and it will feel so rewarding when you do!
  • @allusive007 I never opted for the higer bonus/less raise option because we get taxed so much where I live. I mean, in the end it evens out. I always chose the higher raise because I'll take part of the raise and apply it to my 401k every paycheck.

@minskat30 we're going to Negril and staying at Sandals Negril. I've been to Ochos Rios but never Negril, so I'm excited! FI has never been to Jamaica and I think he's excited (he picked the HM destination and my TA did the rest, she's awesome)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards