Favors

CD Wedding Favors

Hi - My fiance and I are 26 days from the wedding (ahh!!) We made mixed CDs as favors for everyone and we are trying to make CD booklets for them - but we are having a lot of trouble with the booklets! I can't get them to work formatting wise with Microsoft Word 2010. Does anyone know a way to format them?

Our other option if I can't get it to work would be to sharpie on the cds themselves "Don and Ashley's Wedding Tape." Do you think that would be cute or tacky? I don't want to upset my guests. :/

Re: CD Wedding Favors

  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    You want the truth?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    image
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 Exit 21 (Jersey!) member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    awierman said:
    Hi - My fiance and I are 26 days from the wedding (ahh!!) We made mixed CDs as favors for everyone and we are trying to make CD booklets for them - but we are having a lot of trouble with the booklets! I can't get them to work formatting wise with Microsoft Word 2010. Does anyone know a way to format them?

    Our other option if I can't get it to work would be to sharpie on the cds themselves "Don and Ashley's Wedding Tape." Do you think that would be cute or tacky? I don't want to upset my guests. :/
    I don't know anyone who listens to CDs anymore.  It's very outdated.  Not to mention illegal.

    I would skip this and either do something edible or nothing at all. Favors are not required!
  • Yes, please!
  • JoanE2012 said:
    awierman said:
    Hi - My fiance and I are 26 days from the wedding (ahh!!) We made mixed CDs as favors for everyone and we are trying to make CD booklets for them - but we are having a lot of trouble with the booklets! I can't get them to work formatting wise with Microsoft Word 2010. Does anyone know a way to format them?

    Our other option if I can't get it to work would be to sharpie on the cds themselves "Don and Ashley's Wedding Tape." Do you think that would be cute or tacky? I don't want to upset my guests. :/
    I don't know anyone who listens to CDs anymore.  It's very outdated.  Not to mention illegal.

    I would skip this and either do something edible or nothing at all. Favors are not required!
    Thanks for your opinion Joan. I hadn't thought of it that way. We both just thought it would have been cute - but I can see what your saying.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    What Joan said.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    image
  • pinkshorts27pinkshorts27 Oregon member
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments First Anniversary First Answer
    Yup, illegal unless you bought the songs for each person (ie. 100 copies of each song on the cd). And while I have my CD's that sit in my car, a mix CD from a wedding wouldn't go there. It would go in my junk drawer for a year and then I would toss it. Not everyone likes the same music and most people don't listen to CDs anymore.

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image
  • Ok I didn't realize that. We did buy the songs, but not 100x each. I guess we will scrap the cds. Are there other ideas for favors that are not food? I feel like every wedding we go to has food favors and a) a ton of people leave them behind and b) we wanted something more original
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 Exit 21 (Jersey!) member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    awierman said:
    Ok I didn't realize that. We did buy the songs, but not 100x each. I guess we will scrap the cds. Are there other ideas for favors that are not food? I feel like every wedding we go to has food favors and a) a ton of people leave them behind and b) we wanted something more original
    Food favors are usually a hit!  I rarely see it left behind.  I'd rather go for something that's popular and a crowd pleaser than unique and left behind because only a few people liked it.  

    When and where is your wedding?  Is there something food-wise that is unique to your area or time of year?  ie saltwater taffy for a beach wedding, Ghiradelli in San Fran, key lime flavored in Florida, candied apples in the fall, etc.  When all else fails, I really don't think you can go wrong with chocolate.
    awierman
  • chibiyuichibiyui The Boring Part of MD member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    We're doing a cookie bar, but I'm also having a milkshake truck come in towards the end so everyone can get a late night milk shake. Maybe do something similar, late night pretzels, ice cream, french fries?
    image



    Anniversary
    awierman
  • Thanks ladies! Those are great ideas! We're getting married St. Patrick's day weekend at a PA casino. Maybe those chocolate coins? Or poker chip wrappers if we can find them?
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 Exit 21 (Jersey!) member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    Good ideas awierman!  You have two great "themes" if you want something tailored to your wedding.....casino or St Patrick's.  For St. Patrick's.....I googled, here's some ideas from See's candy.  I've actually never had them, but I heard they're good.  Not sure your budget, it may be too pricey.....but it gives you an idea.


    Or something like this....it's simple and you could probably DIY...


    And lastly, if you see a good idea and it doesn't fit into one of those "themes", don't worry!  We gave out chocolates that didn't fit in any theme, but it was presented nice and just looked good at each place setting.  We had none left over. 


  • Ok great! Thanks for your help. I found poker chip chocolates that say "to have and to hold em" and on the other side say "bet on love." We may include some of your suggestions with that too. I feel a lot better about this!! Thanks - I appreciate your help and input!!!
    JoanE2012
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 Ravens & Bohs & Crabs & O's member
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    I would personally just skip the favors completely.

  • At this stage, I'd probably skip favors as well. But you can always do jam, honey, unscented candles. I agree with everyone else about the CDS. I'm glad you are scrapping them.
  • I ordered the new poker chip chocolates online over the weekend and they should be here next week, which gives me plenty of time - thank goodness. If they were any closer to the wedding, I probably would have scrapped favors altogether. Thanks for talking me through this! I'm glad not to have handed out the cds and learned all of this later
    JoanE2012
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    I think those will be great favors. Good plan change!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards