Chit Chat

Show me your rings?

Mines is a 1carat total weight 3 stone round diamond ring. Color: H-I , Clarity : I1, Very good cut

Re: Show me your rings?

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014

1 small diamond fell out in the fall and I got it fixed.  Two more fell out a few weeks ago.  I'm on the hunt for a new setting.  Thinking of taking diamonds from my wedding band to make a custom band since the band and the e-ring look horrible together anyway.

ETA - sorry so big.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yeah that's probably the best idea
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    AddieL73 said:
    I like looking at rings, but I never understand why people post weight and clarity details.
    I don't even know my details.  Well I know the weight, but not the rest.   I only know that because MIL kept telling me (she gave us the stone).

ETA - I have the information for insurance purposes, I just don't seem to retain the information in my brain.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    AddieL73 said:
    I like looking at rings, but I never understand why people post weight and clarity details.
    I don't even know my details.  Well I know the weight, but not the rest.   I only know that because MIL kept telling me (she gave us the stone).
    Me too. It's a solitaire and I only saw the weight when I added it to my homeowner's insurance. I don't know what the other qualities are/ mean. 

• AddieL73 said:

I don't think my opal ring even has a specific carat. Yet another reason why I like them vs diamonds.

Anniversary
  • Mine came as a set, but they don't fit together. Go figure. I still love them, though!
  • JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Fi showed me the GIA cert for my diamond the other day while we were going through insurance paperwork.  I sort of wish he hadn't because now I know exactly where the little inclusions are, and I'm such a perfectionist.  I don't think anything good comes of sharing the deers deets (ETF hilarious typo) with other women though-- we can't help but compare.  My ring is the perfect size for me.

The center stone came loose recently so I'm actually wearing a birthstone (sapphire) ring on my left hand lately instead.  We need to find a trustworthy jeweler in the area to fix it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Still haven't managed to get a good picture, but here is what I have

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Princess cut solitaire. I have very plain, classic tastes so I plan on getting a plain gold wedding band with no diamonds.

• Well I picked out my ring and I know more than my fiancée about all that kind of stuff. No matter the size or color I would have still been happy because I'm now engaged to the person I love
  • Simple...just like me
  • @mlg78. I just got engaged so yes I'm excited about my ring. If my ring was huge and perfect, then maybe it would seem as though I was bragging but I'm not.
  • Here's mine - Princess cut. I adore my ring (Princess is my favorite cut), FI did an awesome job on my ring! 

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Round solitaire diamond in a hand-forged custom white gold band and 6-prong setting. FI was smart and went to my jeweler (who I've been using for nearly 2 decades). The guy is AMAZING - and honest. He definitely helped FI create something that is perfect for me.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @HaileyDancingbear I love it, it's so unique. I thought about a sapphire once.
  • lyndausvi said:
    @mlg78. I just got engaged so yes I'm excited about my ring. If my ring was huge and perfect, then maybe it would seem as though I was bragging but I'm not.
    Those are very subjective.   There are people on here from all walks of life.   1ct is normal in some circles, small in others and down right huge in still others.  Better to just leave that kind of stuff out on an international community.
    True story! And quite personal, IMO. I've only had one person ask my deets on my ring & I was kind of taken aback. 

I don't know the "specs" on mine, just know I love it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I should really get a better pic, but here it is:

The wedding band comes up underneath and wraps in such a way that the ring looks thicker and straighter rather than being wavy. 

No idea what the specs are or what it cost and I like it that way ;)
  • Here is mine! I know what it was appraised at, as I am the main policy holder on all of our insurance policies, but I do not know the total weight or any other specifics. It's an asscher cut on a pave set eternity setting.

• @RajahBMFD I love the Celtic knot details on your ring!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @RajahBMFD I love the Celtic knot details on your ring!
    Thanks! It's such a neat little touch, and frames the opal really well. That's part of why I found a wedding band that doesn't meld with the E-ring. I wouldn't want to lose that characteristic.
    Anniversary
  • This is my ring. It's a simple princess with a dainty band. It's also florescent and glows under black light. @RajahBMFD I love it. I had an opal ring that was passed down to me, but unfortunately the opal split and I lost a huge chunk of it. Word of unsolicited advice, don't let it hit hard surfaces unless you want it to break :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is my ring. It's a simple princess with a dainty band. It's also florescent and glows under black light. @RajahBMFD I love it. I had an opal ring that was passed down to me, but unfortunately the opal split and I lost a huge chunk of it. Word of unsolicited advice, don't let it hit hard surfaces unless you want it to break :(

Oh yeah, opals are notoriously soft. My grandparents gave me an opal ring for my 13th birthday. I wore it until the opal came loose and disappeared when I was 22. Shortly after my 23rd birthday, we got engaged and I got my engagement ring. I'm super careful with it.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards