May 2014 Weddings

Yea I'm guilty of it...

Registry stalking! It's like I can't help looking every now and then to see what's been purchased. Tell me I'm not the only one?!?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Yea I'm guilty of it...

• edited February 2014
    Not gonna lie -- after we registered, I typed in FI's surname to make sure it came up in the search function and saw my FBIL/FSIL's registry from 2.5 years ago and realized that the store keeps the registries for years afterward... Definitely may have gotten curious and creeped the registries of a few people I know haha

Funny realization: my best friend registered for 2 of the same things FI insisted we have on ours.

ETA: I'm always checking ours, even though I'm pretty sure that most people aren't yet aware that we have one haha

• Omg I'm so glad you posted this! Now I don't feel so alone! :) It's sooo bad I know, but I can't help it!!
  • Ditto. Guilty, times like a thousand lol. I stopped checking for a while after I finished adding things online, then last Friday I checked it and had to all my FI while he was a work to tell him what as purchased. Now everyday he asks me to check it lol. Also, I'm pretty sure my bridal shower invites just went out in the mail (a mysterious envelope arrived at my FMIL's house [which is also our house now since we are living on the 2nd floor above them lol] which had my parents address on it and FI went to hide it from me lol)!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I haven't looked at mine since people started asking me where we are registered. I know my sister is sending out shower invitations in the next week or so also so I'm doing my best not to look at it because I want to be surprised. It's so hard though!

• I look at mine every few weeks...but for a different reason.  I've found that occassionally stuff becomes "not available online" anymore and needs to be updated, so I'm trying to keep up on that.  Macy's in particular is bad with this - sometimes they just change the serial number on this year's version of last year's exact same product, and as a result, if you've added last year's model to your registry it will eventually sell out and be gone.  So i've had to update a few things to this year's model listing because of that issue.

Our shower invitations won't go out for 2-3 more weeks, so i bet i'll feel compelled to check more often after that. :-)

• Guilty! I check it everyday! It's so exciting to see things being purchased. I just keep telling myself the surprise will be finding out who the gift is from LOL
  • @Lisandrat that's my justification too! :)
  • Glad I'm not the only one!!!!

We finally found an apartment so now I feel like my stalking will be even worse! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been checking at least once a day, sometimes even more LOL. I love stalking other people's registry's as well. FI's cousin is getting married to a girl that the family is not too fond of, and we were looking at their registry together and laughing about the insanity of asking for a $200 gravy boat. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just posted about FI's cousins housewarming shower. I stalked their registry. 269 garbage can. 179 ceiling fan. 46 dollar dog car seat. 1 place setting 265. Insane
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • klburke88 said:
    I've been checking at least once a day, sometimes even more LOL. I love stalking other people's registry's as well. FI's cousin is getting married to a girl that the family is not too fond of, and we were looking at their registry together and laughing about the insanity of asking for a $200 gravy boat. 
    Hey...my gravy boat is $200...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been resisting the temptation to look...I went through all my old college kitchen stuff this weekend and decided what to keep and what to hand down to my brother. Then I went onto our registry to add stuff that I gave away but still needed ($5 potato masher, anyone?) so that I'd have a more even registry. We definitely got some high end things (KitchenAid, J.A. Henkles knives...) but tried to even it out with more inexpensive stuff as well!

Plus, I cannot in good conscience make someone pay like $70 for a toaster for us...dear night!

But yeah, when I was adding stuff I kept on trying to keep my eyes from seeing if people had bought us stuff. My shower's March 8th and so it's SO hard!
    Anniversary
  • Klc09d said:
    I've been resisting the temptation to look...I went through all my old college kitchen stuff this weekend and decided what to keep and what to hand down to my brother. Then I went onto our registry to add stuff that I gave away but still needed ($5 potato masher, anyone?) so that I'd have a more even registry. We definitely got some high end things (KitchenAid, J.A. Henkles knives...) but tried to even it out with more inexpensive stuff as well!

Plus, I cannot in good conscience make someone pay like $70 for a toaster for us...dear night!

But yeah, when I was adding stuff I kept on trying to keep my eyes from seeing if people had bought us stuff. My shower's March 8th and so it's SO hard!
    It's funny you say that, because FI picked out a $99 toaster hahaha

• Klc09d said:
    I've been resisting the temptation to look...I went through all my old college kitchen stuff this weekend and decided what to keep and what to hand down to my brother. Then I went onto our registry to add stuff that I gave away but still needed ($5 potato masher, anyone?) so that I'd have a more even registry. We definitely got some high end things (KitchenAid, J.A. Henkles knives...) but tried to even it out with more inexpensive stuff as well!

It's funny you say that, because FI picked out a $99 toaster hahaha
    We picked out a panini press that's about $100, not gonna lie. And some steak knives that are like  $90..for some reason to me a toaster is different? I don't know. So no judgement here, no worries! Hahaha! :)
    Anniversary
  • Klc09d said:

I'm not gonna lie, we have a $200 toaster, but I bought it for us. I could never ask someone to pay for that. LOL 

I did put a $200 vase on my registry, but it was only because my sister knew I wanted it and she insisted I put it on there (she was with me when I was registering) because I think she is going to buy it. I don't really expect anyone else to get it for me though.
  • The whole time we were registering, I kept telling FI not to scan things that I thought were too expensive. The only thing I think we really splurged on was a kitchenaid mixer that is about $200. Believe it or not, it's the only thing on our registry that has been purchased so far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is evil! Evil I tell you, so deliciously evil I want to read more! LOL. We havent registered yet, but id probably do the same.
  • I just got home from work and there's a big Bed Bath Beyond box here with my name on it! I didn't order anything so I'm thinking someone sent a wedding present!! Eeeeeeee! Now let the tourture begin as I wait for FI to get home so we can open it! :)
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My invites came today and waiting for my fi to get home so I can open them, its absolute pain having to waut!
  • FI just got home (he had overtime so it made the waiting that much more worse lol) and its a vase off our registry! Only problem is I have no idea who its from.....well the last name I know (family on my dads side) but I think she used a nickname as the first name so I have to ask my mom/dad who it is lol.
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @artteacher23 - is this the first wedding present you've received? That would be so exciting! All of our guests are local so I'm not expecting any surprise packages, but how fun :)
  • @tammym1001. YES it was the first one we got! Was very exciting. It was actually from a family member on my dads side who lives out in Long Island (so not too far away) but I guess she won't be comming to the shower (I've got no idea what's going on with that as its a total surprise) but they did RSVP to the wedding. :) I would have expected family (both my & FI) who are in Florida to send something, but maybe they'll actually take a trip up here for the shower too (or just haven't sent anything yet) which would be much more of a surprise!
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards