Moms and Maids

Bridesmaids dresses

My wedding is going to be December 27, 2014 in the evening in a Methodist church. I plan to have the ceremony dimly lit and the rest of the lighting done by candlelight. I want the feel of my wedding to be very romantic. I am in the process of finalizing my colors. I was originally doing blush, navy, and champagne accents. The guys are wearing navy suits and the girls bridemaids dresses will be floor length. I wanted them to wear blush, however one of my bridemaids thinks this may wash everyone out too much. Some of the blush colors I have found are too "nude" colored. I would like the material to be chiffon or charmeusse and chiffon. Since there will be seven bridesmaids, I really want them to pick the style of gown they like the most. I really would like to stay in a soft pink color or a muted rose. I attached a picture of my dress to kind of refect "me" and the style I want and also a few bridesmaids dresses I had looked at (the are petal and suede rose by Bari Jay). Any suggestions on brands and colors? Thanks in advance!

Also, please excuse my face, I was being sarcastic with my momma. Hah!

Re: Bridesmaids dresses

• I was in a wedding in April where the bride picked a pale pink chiffon dress (like the first dress you posted) for her wedding.  This was the main color in her entire wedding.  She had light pink table linens and light pink flowers and then pink uplighting.  The pink dress did wash a few girls out who had fair skin so I would go with the darker color option.

As for her reception room.  She had the uplighting but the rest of the lighting was super dim so her soft romantic light pink/blush color scheme she had was lost.  She agonized over the tablecloths but once in the room with the lights dimmed you would have thought that they were white or ivory.

So my point is, if you want to go with something soft in regards to color then you will need some more lighting so that it is noticeable.  Because if you don't then you may as well stick with white for your flowers and other decorations because the color will get lost.

As for the BM dress she picked it was a Sofia Tolli in I think Cotton Candy or Pink.  http://sophiatolli.com/evening-dresses/by11182/

• Thanks! I am definitely doing cream linens. I understand about the lighting and did not consider that. My original vision was the light pink but the more I look at the second, the more I like it. I think if the pink was more a a crisp pink and not so nude it would be different. I have only went to look twice (each time I went to shop for my dress) but didn't ake a lot of time to really look through the dresses.And to me, swatchesare too small to really see the true color.

• Thanks! I am definitely doing cream linens. I understand about the lighting and did not consider that. My original vision was the light pink but the more I look at the second, the more I like it. I think if the pink was more a a crisp pink and not so nude it would be different. I have only went to look twice (each time I went to shop for my dress) but didn't ake a lot of time to really look through the dresses.And to me, swatchesare too small to really see the true color.
    I agree with the bolded.  You need to see the dress (even if it isn't the dress you are going with) in the actual color to really get a feel for it.

And I also agree that if you went with a more bright or darker pink (not only in the dress but in your decor) it would definitely be more noticeable.

• nothing to add, but we are getting married on the same date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I agree with the bolded.  You need to see the dress (even if it isn't the dress you are going with) in the actual color to really get a feel for it.

And I also agree that if you went with a more bright or darker pink (not only in the dress but in your decor) it would definitely be more noticeable.
    Yes! I have really began to notice this while purchasing/renting decor items in stores that are dimly lit.

• I had my girls try on dresses on Saturday in petal. That wasn't the color I was choosing, but it seems to be a popular color right now so all the dresses were in that color and not the color I wanted so I just had them try it on to see the dress. The color looked absolutely awful on all of them except one and she is very tan. It is a hard color to pull off for most people. I think the darker color would be much better and it's still a romantic pink.
  • I had my girls try on dresses on Saturday in petal. That wasn't the color I was choosing, but it seems to be a popular color right now so all the dresses were in that color and not the color I wanted so I just had them try it on to see the dress. The color looked absolutely awful on all of them except one and she is very tan. It is a hard color to pull off for most people. I think the darker color would be much better and it's still a romantic pink.

That's what my friend thinks will happen. Except I am very fair skinned with red hair and that color actually looks good on me. However, I think it has to do with the "pinkish" pigment to my skin. I will definitely have them try on the dresses before I pick a color and say "that is the one!" I'd much rather my girls look beautiful than have a color that I love  but looks awful on them haha

• What's the dress budget your bridesmaids gave you? This will help us in suggesting brands.

You look so pretty in your dress!
  • aurianna said:
    What's the dress budget your bridesmaids gave you? This will help us in suggesting brands.

You look so pretty in your dress!

Thanks ma'am!

And you're right, I should have included that. The budget everyone gave me (individually, for the record) was $250 or less. I would love to stay closer to $200 since my best friend is also getting married (not sure on a date but she says this year) and I know many of my bridemaids will be in her wedding also.

• Lovely dress!

What if they each picked a shade of pink that looked best on them?  So you would have a spectrum of close, but slightly different pink hues?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Lovely dress!

What if they each picked a shade of pink that looked best on them?  So you would have a spectrum of close, but slightly different pink hues?

That was something I actually originally considered but I like the idea of just doing one color. I did go to the bridal store local to me that carries Bari Jay, which is pictured, and the light pink is gorgeous. It is actually a petal color instead of blush with fleshy undertones (which is what I wanted). Now I just have to get them to meet me to try them on. I am still open to suggestions for designers but this shade is definitely hard to find.

Side note: My fiance HATES white dress shirts for some reason and asked to wear pink that would match the bridemaids (and his dad wore a pink shirt for his wedding). I think this pink would be easiest to find in a dress shirt.

• I am another vote for the darker pink, and I also want to say your dress is beautiful!!!

Anniversary
  • I am another vote for the darker pink, and I also want to say your dress is beautiful!!!
    Thanks! I'm obsessed with it! When I went to look at the dress colors in person the store didn't have the darker one, BOO! The swatc was pretty though, I just want to see a whole dress of the color. The light pink is really gorgeous in person though and if I have red hair, fair skin, and freckles and can pull it off, I know my friends can lol

• @bubblegum1309 @PrettyGirlLost @aurianna @tammym1001 @Maggie0829

Okay ladies,

I have been searching around for a happy median of the shade I originally wanted, a shade that will flatter everyone, and one that still fits the them I am going for (Picky, I know). But I did come across one color (Rose, Dessy, lux chiffon). I really like it and the bridemaid who didn't like the first color was wedding dress shopping and saw it, and she liked it too. Opinions?

• It's pretty! I also really like the style of that particular dress.
  • I think that is a good pink. And I love the style of that dress. Looks comfortable.

• Thanks ladies! The great thing about Dessy is they have a ton of styles for the girls to choose what is comfortable to them :)

• I love that color. Very pretty and romantic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards