Wedding Invitations & Paper

Return Address Stamp...for RSVP too?

I was thinking of getting a return address stamp for our invitations..my handwriting is HORRIBLE and I am printing addresses on the mailing envelopes.  Since we live together, I was going to get just our first names.  Would I be able to use a stamp like this as well, on the RSVP envelopes, or should I have a full name since it will be the mailing address?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/153676724/personalized-custom-return-address-stamp?ref=shop_home_active_1 

Re: Return Address Stamp...for RSVP too?

• You should have a full name, as both regular addresses and return addresses are used by the Postal Service. (Hopefully you will not have any returned invitations, but it could happen.)

Personally I think stamping your RSVP envelopes is no problem. Just make sure that the stamp is very good, so that it always stamps clearly, and that the ink doesn't run if it gets damp. (In case someone brings the card to their mailbox in the rain.) The priority here is for mail to go to the right place.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • We stamped our RSVP envelopes and haven't had any problems yet.  Instead of doing our first names, we did "Bride'sLastName-Groom'sLastName Wedding", followed by our address. We used used an archival ink which is supposed to be water-resistant. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We used a stamp similar to the one you have in the link. We haven't had any problems yet. We also used archival ink so it shouldn't run if it gets wet. Good luck :)

• I ordered a return address stamp for us with just the address.
  • My RSVP envelopes are addressed with just our first names and address.  It's fine to do it that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards