African American Weddings

How to be tactful

Hi ladies,

Maybe you can give me some advice.  A sorority sister of mine RSVP'd to my reception via our wedding website.  On the website, it says by invitation only and she was not sent an invite.  How do I tactfully tell her not to come?

TIA!

April

Re: How to be tactful

• adiannen83adiannen83 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Lol, I know.  My first thought was, "that's a bold move" but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  That's an awesome reply.  I think I'll just cut and paste that if you don't mind.
  • "Sister so and so thank you so much for blessing us with your congratulations.   Apologies for the misunderstanding, rsvps are necessary only from invited guests.  We truly wish we could accommodate everyone but it simply isn't possible.  Thank you for your love and understanding.  Smooches, A"

guh, I think it's great that you'd like to be diplomatic and gracious but there isn't anything tactful about the presumptuousness of inviting yourself to somebody's wedding.

sultryzulu HIT THE NAIL DEAD SQUARE ON HIS HEAD LOL LOL... But seriously how rude??? Ppl kill me assuming

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Well I did copy and paste and she was very understanding and said, "No Problem.  Have a truly blessed day!"
  • hey now!  success.  alright, i'm glad it worked out. 

lol @ tira, hursh you!

um April imma need you to recreate a wedding website on a page that allows only names you import to rsvp.  I promise I've been sitting here studying how she even found her name on a list where she didn't appear ::cocksheadtotheside::  girl, bye!
  • she got some nerve..... smh 
    i <3 Sultry for that response cause it would not be that nice if it was me

i got folks with their lips poked out talking about i know i am invited 
    uh no you are not sorry family only...
    love ya though lol
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • giggles @ vee.  chile cheese, that came right out of Cha's (Mrs. Dugar's) book on southern and genteel manners,

b/c this girl here 
    <---------

is not nice on paper or in person.  I'da told that lady this is not a family reunion (tm Dougie) I'll see you at the next chapter meetin.
  • hahahaha

but what i dont get is why people think they are coming to your wedding and they dont know you like that..... humpf 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Right that was my issue.  We don't hang out, text, call or anything.  She probably got the website info from another Soror or something.  I don't know.  I'm just glad it's handled!
  • I am not looking forward to this happening. I'm sure it will though. People can be so bold. Weddings are not open parties
  • You know, I just had someone ask to come to my wedding and I only met him once in person. Cool person, but seriously, I'm not planning a backyard party. Ain't nobody got for that.

Also, because of your issue, we're adding a password to our RSVP section. Thanks for sharing. Some people are just shameless.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• uh uh. she is bolder than cheddar
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • minsu5 said:

You know, I just had someone ask to come to my wedding and I only met him once in person. Cool person, but seriously, I'm not planning a backyard party. Ain't nobody got for that.

Also, because of your issue, we're adding a password to our RSVP section. Thanks for sharing. Some people are just shameless.

::unfurls scroll::  hear ye, hear ye, attention all brides:  Doug just fixed this for you.
  • Great Idea... Thanks... off to wedding wire.... 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards