I've made a hell of an effort not to make things about me and 'my daaay'. gag. But now I'm starting to get annoyed/stressed and praying Evil Chipmunk or the part of me I call bridezilla do not make a command performance.
1) RSVPs are due today. We've about 8 outstanding on FI's side, 3 on mine. We've got tentative verbals on several, but not confirmation. We gave everyone a little more than the 6-8 weeks of normal response time by sending them out a little earlier to account for possible delays in mail due to snowpacalypse/Christmas mail. I need to get the final count to our coordinator, as she's also printing up my place cards for me, and this way I can pay in advance for the meals and appies. I've an acquaintance attending who I grudgingly gave a plus one to after she wouldn't stop bitching about not having anyone to talk to (seriously, you're 26 and a lawyer- you can make small talk for a few hours). She then had a bf, fine, but they've since broken up, and she's whining about who she should bring with her. She also wants me to pick her outfit for the wedding. WTF. You're not a child, dress yourself, I've enough going on.
2) FI said he invited aunt and uncle who are driving grandparents to RD. Turns out he hadn't, but has been fixing that, apologizing to them and assuring them they are definitely invited. Here's the kicker- the uncle is supposed to make the hotel arrangements for himself, his wife, and his parents, and to our knowledge, has yet to do so, despite the fact that we had a block of rooms at a hotel at a discount (booking deadline has passed), and despite the fact that we WARNED everyone repeatedly that the legislature would be starting session at that time, places are booking fast and are pricey. We also found out they may not start driving down from Atlanta until Friday afternoon (no work obligations preventing them from leaving Friday morning, even late morning), thus possibly missing the RD. The implication I'm getting is the uncle is lazy, doesn't like getting up before 8 am, and drives when he feels like it. Inner witch is very upset, after all the hills I had to die on regarding the RD and limiting the guest list, that 4 people may not make it because of this.
3) STILL haven't gotten the one photo I requested from my mom. Dad is still trying to play sticky paws, but hasn't said anything to me about his desire a) to have a damn collage of photos of me, my side, and him or b) make nametags for all.
4) Having dinner with FI's folks on Thursday. FI's dad wants me to make sure his suit is fine for the wedding/does he need a different color tie, etc. My Jedi talents are telling me there's something else going on, but I'm concerned it's paranoia.
5) Asked a friend to give a speech at our wedding. She's been calling herself "unofficial moh"- umm no. We decided only to have flower girls bc nieces would otherwise be devestated. No adults in bridal party aside from FI and myself. She's apparently plotting something at my venue during or prior to my wedding, as in, day of. She won't tell me what it is. I've asked her to tell me, as I've got a lot on my plate and can't be worrying about whatever stunt she's trying to pull. I may need to talk to venue coordinator to find out what the hell is going on. I'm at that "little bit of time to go, now hit the red panic button" point. This is not good.
Thanks for listening. I need wine. Lots and lots of wine.