Arizona-Phoenix

Planning a destination wedding in Scottsdale- help!

Hi all, 

I am planning a destination wedding in Scottsdale, and I need some advice on venues. We want to have about 50 guests (all coming in from out of town), and we were hoping to host a pool party reception-we are un-traditional :). Does anybody have recommendations for places where we can actually rent out a pool? We are looking at an October 2014 date. Ideally, this venue will also have a beautiful space for a ceremony. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Also, is anyone interested in starting a "I am planning a wedding" support group. I've been at this for 2 weeks, and I am already pretty miserable... :) Just kidding! Sort of...haha

Re: Planning a destination wedding in Scottsdale- help!

• We are having our reception at the CopperWynd in Fountain Hills, just outside of Scottsdale. They have two outdoor pools and a lawn overlooking the valley where you can do ceremonies. They also have an indoor room for up to 50 guests if you get rained out. I have no idea if you could do a pool party there, but you could definitely ask! October might be a bit chilly for a pool party, though. I would ask anywhere you are looking if they have a heated pool. Good Luck!
  • Try the Valley Ho in downtown Scottsdale. Also-it is downtown Phoenix, but there's a new boutique hotel called the Hotel Palomar. They do rent their pool deck for ceremonies and receptions-it's lovely and the food's really good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jesso84Jesso84 member
    First Comment
    Hi! Congrats! I would recommend the Saguaro Hotel in Scottsdale. We have our wedding hotel block set up there. We just hosted a pool party there and it was awesome It's a great location in the heart of old town Scottsdale. The hotel is very modern and fun, and the service was amazing! 
  • rms924rms924 member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks everyone!! We actually ended up with W Hotel and then my wedding planning has gotten totally derailed! Trying to catch up now :) 

If any of you have advice on vendors, that would be great. In particular, cakes & flowers :) HUGE THANKS !
  • The W probably has cake vendors you're required to use, but I like HoneyMoon Sweets in Tempe a lot. Jay's KickAss Kakes in Phoenix is good too.

Flowers, I really like Lux Wedding Flowers and The Flower Studio. They have a great way with stuff that is very pretty and also modern.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rms924rms924 member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards