Registry and Gift Forum

Bridal shower

The bride, who lives on the west coast, will be flying to the east coast for her bridal shower. It will be difficult for her to get the shower gifts back home. Can something be put on the shower invitation requesting that the actual gift be sent to the bride's home? And if so, any suggestions for the wording on the shower invitation? Could it be suggested that the guests ship the gift and then bring a card with a picture of the gift to the shower? We certainly don't want to offend anyone, and welcome suggestions

Re: Bridal shower

• Nope... The bride accepted the shower so she will need to be responsible for getting gifts home.  Most people will be smart enough to figure out to ship it to her home and present her with a card and picture of the gift or something easily packable.

Do not try to tell the guests what to give her or where to send it.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • No.  Hopefully guests will get things that are not fragile and can be packed, but it's up to the bride to get her gifts home.  It is offensive to try to tell guests how to give gifts.  

Are you helping to host this shower?  If you live on the east coast, maybe you can offer to store some of the gifts for the bride and she can take them back with her on a future trip.  The shower hostesses can also help ship gifts as a gift to the bride (totally not required, just a suggestion obviously).  
  • Also, someone chime in if this is considered rude, I think generally speaking it is okay though...

The Bride can also return the gifts to the store before she leaves and then either 1) repurchase them at the store but have them shipped to her home or 2) use the gift card to repurchase the items at home.  
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • AprilH81 said:
    Also, someone chime in if this is considered rude, I think generally speaking it is okay though...

The Bride can also return the gifts to the store before she leaves and then either 1) repurchase them at the store but have them shipped to her home or 2) use the gift card to repurchase the items at home.  
    I think this is fine assuming the same items are purchased when she gets home.  I don't like it when people return gifts and purchase something else unless they received duplicate gifts.  It rubs me the wrong way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards