Not Engaged Yet
Options

Confessions/ Complaints/ Judgments/ UO/ Whatever

Re: Confessions/ Complaints/ Judgments/ UO/ Whatever

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - This is the best I could do.... they have zippers in the back by the ankles (CLICK). I got them and the sweater on sale for $10 each and then had a coupon so I paid like $6.50 each in the end. And I included a pic of my shoes because they're my favorites :)

• Options
    @Swazzle - yup, looks like pants to me!  and I LOVE the sweater!!
  • Options
    @tuarceatha - BORING. SO BORING. 

@buddysmom80 - I've felt that way (the 'wtf was I thinking') about the cost of my wedding but not the cost of my HM. You're going to have the best time ever!

• Options

@swazzle I cannot wait for the HM. I think I can justify the cost because I think to myself "It's X amount over 8 days" whereas the wedding is X amount for one day.

Judgement: I judge parents who make it really freaking obvious that they favor one child more than the other. My friend has a daughter and a son and every FB post is shit that she and her daughter do and then it's like "Oh, Johnny is at grandma's" or she'll bring her kid to a really nice restaurant and then her H will put a pic on FB of her son eating Subway saying "While Jane is fine dining, Johnny was subjected to Subway". Her son is behind the curve developmentally and showing favoritism isn't helping him, IMHO.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 I like the things you say and think.

@swazzle Hot.
    And boring? Boring?? Your mom is boring.
  • Options
    Confession - Yesterday I prepared for my interview, ironed my outfit, got all purdy and professional, took the train into the city, walked into the building, pulled up the email on my phone to check what floor to go to, and realized my interview is on MARCH FIFTH.

Complaint - The fact that SO many people double-park in my area it's insane. You literally cannot drive down one main street right near me without having to navigate around at least 3 different double-parked cars or trucks. This morning, there were two trucks double parked on opposite sides of the street, leaving just a narrow space between them for both directions of traffic to take turns using. I watched a bus inch through there and am amazed it made it out. 

Confession - The #1 reason I want to find a full-time job is so that I can start wedding planning. I have told myself that I'm not allowed to do anything other than some idle browsing until I know exactly how I'm going to be making money, and it sucks. Of course, the financial security would be nice too, but the desire to finally begin planning is my primary motivation.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @hummingbird125 yesterday was your dress rehearsal for the REAL interview ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @hummingbird125 yesterday was your dress rehearsal for the REAL interview ;
    That's what I'll tell myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 I am having the same feelings now about how much we are spending on this one day.  I try not to think about, it makes me want to cry a bit.  I know the day of it will all be worth it though or that's what I keep telling myself.  It keep creeping up in the back of my head... why didn't we just elope in Vegas or somthing.  Our honeymoon isn't too expensive that I don't care about, and like you said it's spread out over the cost of several days (10).

Anniversary

• Options
    @CoCoBellaF - I think our parents must be related!!  Mine do EVERYTHING for my brother - EVERYTHING and when it comes to me 'we'll get to it when we can' when I ask for help on stuff.  So irritating, I'm right there with you!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Swazzle - yup, looks like pants to me!  and I LOVE the sweater!!
    Thank you!

• Options

@peaseblossom55 no joke, after FI proposed to me, after we told everyone, I was posting something on FB and on the computer monitor looking up flights for Vegas for the next day. FI really wants his mom there, but she can't sit for longer for 4 hours so running off to Vegas or Mexico (where I REALLY wanted my wedding) was out of the question. Which reminds me....

Complaint: FMIL just does not give a fuck about her health. Her breast cancer came back and she's more concerned about how her reconstruction surgery is going to look than anything. She has an appt with the plastic surgeon in April. I just want to scream at her "you have BREAST CANCER get that taken care of!!!!!" In the end, she will get reconstruction, but if I were in her shoes, I'd be like "take these puppies off!" Also she's more concerned about her 1) gastric bypass surgery and 2) me getting pregnant to even think about her breast cancer.

Complaint: FMIL keeps inviting people and we keep telling her no because we don't have the room on the guest list. FI doesn't even know who these people are.

Confession: I had my first WR nightmare last night. I was out to brunch on my wedding day and lost track of time, so we were rushing everything. My veil was still being made and when I asked the person who was making it how much longer it would take, she ripped it up. My officiant subbed in my CW to perform the ceremony, my DJ was not who we contracted with, and my hair and MUA didn't show up. Now I'm getting anxious.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 I am having the same feelings now about how much we are spending on this one day.  I try not to think about, it makes me want to cry a bit.  I know the day of it will all be worth it though or that's what I keep telling myself.  It keep creeping up in the back of my head... why didn't we just elope in Vegas or somthing.  Our honeymoon isn't too expensive that I don't care about, and like you said it's spread out over the cost of several days (10).
    The good news is that after the wedding, when you are all married and living non-wedding planning lives, you completely forget how much things cost. At least that is how it has been for me. I have to look everything up to recall the cost of the DJ, cake, honeymoon, whateverwhatever. I'm a Mrs. I wore this pretty white dress and ever since, I've been a Mrs. My Mr.'s Mrs.!

My mom and her mom would play CAH. Probably. They'd probably fail at it like me. "Why does the tongue matter?" (That didn't come up during my one game, but I had to learn new words to play. Words I would've been better off not knowing. Thankyouverymuch.)

• Options
    @tuarceatha - Which words? Tell us! 

• Options
    Deleted from my memory.

Sorry.
  • Options
    (Not sorry.)

• Options

@buddymom80 after we got engaged we looked at different ideas too, going to Vegas or even going down to the Bahamas to get married.  Ultimately FI knew getting married in a church and being surrounded by our friends and family was important.  Also FI's grandma is 96 so we wanted her to be there, which will happen because it's local.  So we went with the expensive plan.  I look forward to getting back to normal budgeting after the wedding. 

I have at least one WR nightmare a week, it's ususally boils down to me being completely unprepared in some way, shape or form.  I had a dream in the fall where nobody including myself was getting ready and dressed for the wedding, it was right out of that Friends episode the one where nobody is getting ready for Ross's benefit.  Luckily there were no lunges in my dream.

Anniversary

• Options
    Deleted from my memory.

Sorry.

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014

@CocoBellaF - I feel you on the parents thing.  My parents paid for my sister's down payment for her first home, many house payments on that home before she lost it (I also made a lot of those payments for her), her wedding, car payments, her now new home...I could go on.  My parents paid for pretty much nothing for me since I was 18 (maybe some groceries for college?) other than a nice wedding gift.  I love my sister and my mom but it does sting a little sometimes.

@Swazzle - I love that outfit.  :)

@Suzie211 - I'm really sorry to hear you are so stressed out.  You are right though, you don't have to be the financial responsible one forever.  I gave up trying to fill that role a while ago and, while it caused me some major guilt, I'm getting over it slowly.

@Suzie211's UTE - Hurry up and be occupied. 

• Options
    Confession: I've been going to the gym the last couple days in the morning and I have been sooooooo fucking tired that it makes me not want to go.

Confession: I have no motivation to work today

Confession: I'm getting really fed up with bfs son. He is a non stop eater. He is trying to gain weight for football and eats everything in sight. We only go shopping every two weeks and we went on Sunday... He's eaten a loaf and a half of bread... It'll probably be gone by the time I get home tonight. It's like every time I go to grab something, he has eaten it.

Complaint: why does traveling have to be so damn expensive. Also, my brother needs to let me know if I can bring a date to his wedding so I can plan accordingly

Complaint: assholes that can't drive a stick shift, yet are in the fast lane and are all leaning back trying to act all gangster. It's fucking rush hour traffic!!!! Stop being a douche.
  • Options
    Confession: I fucking LOVE the Olympics, and I will be SO SAD if USA doesn't win gold in hockey. I was also rooting for Austria because one of their goaltenders went to school where I work, and I'm rooting for Finland because of Tuukka Rask. 

I've also watched almost all of the skiing (YAAAYYY Ted Ligety!!), some curling, skeleton (I LOVEDDDD the US woman who won silver), figure skating.... pretty much everything. I love it, and I'm not sorry.

UO (around here): I'm so glad Syracuse basketball lost the other night. 1. because I despise Syracuse and 2. BC needed a win. Their long-time SID (which is what I do) passed away last week from ALS, and their athletic department was reeling. No one can make me believe that he didn't have something to do with their win.

Confession: I am so super duper excited about ring shopping, I can't stop thinking about it. However, I'm still nervous & worried that BF is feeling pressured, even though he was much more calm, cool, and collected about it. I think that because for so long I really believed that no one would ever want to marry me, it's still hard for me to believe that this is real life. 

Judgement: If you don't clean your car off after a snowstorm, you're a special kind of asshole and I hate you. No exceptions, no excuses. 

Confession: I haven't been at this job for a year yet, but I'm starting to look for others in the Boston area. BF & I both know that we don't want to live here forever, and we've talked seriously about starting to make moves in that direction. I am torn because I DO love my job here, but my heart is really pulling me to New England. It just makes sense. 

Judgement: @tuarceatha - you are NO FUN.  I can't even with the "CAH isn't fun." HOW DO YOU LIVE?! Also, your name is hard to spell. 

Confession: I love my friends more than anything in the world. Some of you here are like family to me, and I wouldn't trade or change that for anything. <3

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Judge/Confession: I am hard core judging my co-workers for not starting to study for our exams yet. These are a big fucking deal, it doesn't matter if you passed all your classes, you fail these and your done. No degree, all that hard work for nothing. Why the hell are you acting like I'm the crazy one for studying for this?! Confession side of this I slightly want them to not do well which is horrible but I've always felt they half-ass graduate school and it pisses me off that they will still get the same degree! I'm a horrible person.

Confession: I'm worried that if I ever do get to my goal weight I still won't be happy with how I look. I was 120 lbs. in high school and still thought I was fat. My goal weight is 115 but I don't want to do all this work and then still not be happy with how I look.

• Options
    Confession: I'm worried sick about Ellie-cat. She's taken up singing the song of her people. Loudly. At 1 a.m. So I haven't been sleeping because I live in a multi-unit building and I have neighbors who deserve to sleep. Plus I had to sign a really restrictive lease that basically says at the first sign of trouble out she goes. I don't know what to do. She's so food-centric and she's been on a diet, and I don't know if I've cut her back too far. I know I should call the vet and get advice from them, but I'm so emotionally wrung out and tired because of this that I'd just cry on the phone and they would have no clue what's wrong. I can't settle her down. And she doesn't seem to have any favorite toys. Plus I'm not alpha-cat in her world and I have to fix that - and she's already 3.5! I feel like a failure as a pet owner.
  • Options
    II: The stupid guy at one of the places I get lunch every day who thinks he is funny by making fun (loudly) of the fact that I get the same thing for lunch every day.  I have fucking Celiac disease dude...my choices are somewhat limited in a quick-food setting so shut up about it. 
  • Options
    minskat30 said:

II: The stupid guy at one of the places I get lunch every day who thinks he is funny by making fun (loudly) of the fact that I get the same thing for lunch every day.  I have fucking Celiac disease dude...my choices are somewhat limited in a quick-food setting so shut up about it. 

People like this make me crazy. I'm sorry he's being a douche
  • Options
    Confession: My BF has decided to go into the Navy and it scares the crap out of me. Luckily, he is planning on going into the Corps of Engineers and not into actual combat, but he keeps mentioning maybe going for some sort of Special Warfare (EOD, Seals, Divers, ect.) and it scares me. I know he would have done that right out of high school if we weren't dating and he wasn't as concerned about how I could handle it which makes me feel like I'm keeping him from doing what he actually wants to do. The good part about this though is he's now back in college, which makes me feel so much better.

Complaint: BF's mother. When have I never had a complaint about her? Ever since last fall, she has been hounding, and I mean HOUNDING him about getting a job. She doesn't seem to think that BF working with his dad is a job, which I don't get. BF gets paid a good amount (though somewhat sporadically due to the nature of home renovation) and has flexible hours. She has just been yelling at him every day to go get a job, any job, somewhere else. He wouldn't be able to get a job above minimum wage most likely as he has no serving or retail experience and would be taking a huge pay cut. I don't understand why she thinks this is the best thing for him. And she complains that he hasn't found a job yet, even though he's sent in his resume to a bunch of places that just never called him back. To her, "everyone is hiring, so why can't you find a job?" It's just so frustrating because no, no one is hiring right now. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Confession II: BF has been hinting at engagement (like saying the only piece of jewelry I need that's left is for my left ring finger) and it's driving me crazy yet making me feel all giddy/happy at the same time. We have a timeline, so I know about when we are going to get engaged/married, but I just can't help but daydream a little bit.

Confession III (man I'm on a roll): I may have been looking at horses online that I have no money and no place for. My cousin plans on selling their two green horses and getting a horse that is much better behaved and that my grandmother can ride as well. I found this awesome rescue that has some great horses on it and I've been drooling over them for the past few days. They have low adoption fees and sound perfect, but are in Ohio (quite a long drive). It's giving me horse fever all over again, even though I don't have to money to even start lessons right now, much less have my own horse. 

Judgement: One of my friends got engaged over Christmas to a guy she's been dating a couple of months. I think it's a bad decision as they are definitely still in the honeymoon stage of dating, but whatever it's their relationship. What I can't stand is all the stuff she posts on Facebook about planning her wedding. Every time she posts something ("Picked my MOH!" "Said yes to the dress!" ect.) there are always about 5 different people who comment "I better be invited!" It's so annoying. Not to mention she's giving a blow-by-blow of her wedding planning. I don't know if I should council her about how much of a bad idea it is or just watch the shitshow happen.

• Options
    Thanks @IrishDreamer.  I just encountered him again (early lunch) and he alternates between loudly exclaiming what I want for lunch with a "surprise, surprise" or rolling his eyes when I order.  I'd talk to the manager but, honestly, I'm worried about someone spitting in my food then.
  • Options
    BriSox81 said:
    UO (around here): I'm so glad Syracuse basketball lost the other night. 1. because I despise Syracuse and 2. BC needed a win. Their long-time SID (which is what I do) passed away last week from ALS, and their athletic department was reeling. No one can make me believe that he didn't have something to do with their win.

*Stuck in the box.

FI is a huuuuuuuge Syracuse fan and was devastated last night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards