Wedding Woes
Options

Tell or MYOB?

Dear Prudence,
I’m the older brother of a sister "Anne," who graduated from college last June. She has always been hardworking and popular. However, she is extremely sensitive about the fact that while I went to an Ivy League school, she went to a good but less "prestigious" college than I did. No one else in my family has made an issue of this and everyone was as proud of her when she graduated as they were of me. This past weekend, while visiting my parents’ house, I was getting a book in Anne’s room and found a crumpled letter from her university stuffed in the back of her bookshelf. It was dated the day of her supposed graduation (which she walked at and we all attended) and alluded to the fact that she had not actually received a degree because she was short several credits. She has a good, very demanding job, and I am virtually positive that she never made up the credits and that neither my parents (who paid her tuition) nor her employer are aware that she doesn't have a degree. I don’t know whether to discuss it with her first or just alert my parents.

—No Sheepskin

Re: Tell or MYOB?

• Options
    One must ask...what is the primary motivation in ratting out the sister?
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Look at this fucking douchebag. "I'm so great. I graduated from an Ivy League! Alas, my sister couldn't even be bothered to complete a degree at State. Should I tell our parents, so I can get even more adulation?"

$20 says Anne has heard "Why can't you be more like your brother?" her whole fucking life. While it doesn't necessarily excuse the lying - and at some point, that shit's going to come out, and she should definitely do something about it - I can totally see why Anne wouldn't say anything about this to her family. 

Brother should STFU and mind his own business. 
  • Options
    What an absolute douche.  i wouldn't think he was such as a$$hat if he didn't have to include I went to a more prestigious school while she didn't graduate.
  • Options
    Why would he ask prudence about this crap??? ugh
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Don't these people have any sort of revelation while writing these things that they sound like douchebags and the answer is really obvious? 
  • Options
    baconsmom made me giggle
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    Reading between the lines I'd say brother wants to rub it in sisters face how much of a better son he is. What a dick head!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards