August 2014 Weddings

Honeymoon

Got any honeymoon plans? Tell us where you're going!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon

• Looking into Curacao but nothing booked yet. Anyone been?
  • We recently booked at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica! :)
    Anniversary
  • We are debating doing Universal Studios and going to the Harry Potter world. It's not officially planned yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thailand for 3 weeks! maybe stopping in Vietnam too
  • @ justdance93- I am so jealous!! FI and I have been hoping to get to Universal for Harry Potter but our work schedules have been nuts. I have been dying to go! 
  • @dredhaus Thailand sounds amazing.. Super jealous.

We're booked and going to Hawaii!!! The Big Island and Maui. :) Never been before.. Can't wait!
  • @ justdance93- I am so jealous!! FI and I have been hoping to get to Universal for Harry Potter but our work schedules have been nuts. I have been dying to go! 
    We're pretty fortunate because we both follow a school calendar, so we have all summer off together. Now it's just coming up with the money to do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When do you all think it is best to book? Will flight tickets start increasing soon or do we still have plenty of time?
  • We are thinking Vegas. We went to Hawaii a couple years ago and we have a 2 yr old and a almost 6 yr old so it's hard to get away. So we are thinking of going over Thanksgiving so we have a babysitter
  • We are going on a cruise to the Southern Caribbean for 7 days (St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, and Barbados). I can't wait! We just booked our flights this week.

@Mitch617 - I know that Southwest just put up their flights throughout August this week. We found that it was the cheapest way for us to go, because your first two checked bags are free and really their ticket prices were the cheapest for us too. Hope that helps!
  • We're planning on going to Iceland for our honeymoon!  But since it's such a big expense, we're going to hold off on the trip until sometime in 2015 so that we can save up some extra money (and vacation time).  Right after the wedding, we're driving to Yosemite for a few days as a mini getaway.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Just booked 7 nights in Curacao last night!!! Married on a Friday night and flying out Sunday morning! Got an awesome deal on a really nice hotel on Orbitz. So excited because I've never gone on a trip this long or this nice in my life!
  • We booked a month or so ago for Sandals- St. Lucia....cannot WAIT!!

• St. Lucia :D
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sandals Grande St Lucian @ the end of August. Cannot wait.
  • @jkantorski We'll be there too!! (Sept 1-8)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana for us! 

• We're crossing the border and going to Toronto & Niagara Falls.  I've always wanted to go (FI wanted to do Jamaica but it's not in the budget so we're gonna save up for that for next year as our anniversary/his birthday trip....wedding is 3 days after his birthday). 
  • We're still debating, but we're leaning towards Fiji! Possibly making a stop in New Zealand as well.
  • We're going to Cancun! We both have never been to Mexico so super excited! Only doing 5 days/4 nights because of work and budget, but it's still going to be fantastic! 
    I read that best time to book domestic flights is 4-6 weeks out, international is 8 weeks. Booking flights too early costs way more, at least from the articles I've read, and they've all been pretty consistent with the timeline. So we've booked our hotel and will be booking the flights in June!

• We booked our flights to Curacao three or four weeks ago, 5 months in advance. I signed up for price alerts from Yapta.com and still get them. Since we bought them the prices have shot up! Maybe they will go down again closer to 2 months out but I didn't want to wait to long and then end up giving up on the whole thing if prices were higher. I've heard Tuesday nights or Sundays are the best days for booking.
  • We are also thinking of Sandals St. Lucia... How Exciting!!!

• Sandals Royal Caribbean for us!

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Germany and south of France for us! Can't wait to drive on the Autobahn, and Future Hubby can't wait for the beer tasting! Been to Paris a couple times but excited to see the beaches on the Mediterranean. Driving through Europe will be beautiful.

Like luckysnorkel we'll be waiting to 2015... already taking 2.5 weeks off this year for the wedding as its out of town.
  • ckbryanckbryan member
    First Comment
    We are booked for Rui Resort Punta Cana DR
  • We are going to Curacao as well.  Getting married Saturday and leaving Sunday morning.  We are staying 7 nights!  I cannot wait!!!!!!!
  • We're doing Paris a few weeks after the wedding. I'm almost more excited about that than the wedding sometimes...is that awful? ; )
  • We are going on a cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk! Flying to the port the day after the wedding and getting on the ship the next day! I'm so excited!
  • We are going to Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica. Cannot wait!!!!!!
  • Week cruise to Bahamas!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards