Honeymoon Discussions

Spending Money for Honeymoon?

Just curious if anyone has been to the US Virgin Islands? We will be spending 6 nights/7 days in St Croix for our honeymoon and wondering how much spending money (3 daily meals for 2 + exploring + souvenirs) we should reasonably plan to bring with us? This will be in September.

Thanks so much for any help!

Re: Spending Money for Honeymoon?

• The good news is that it is a US territory, so assuming you are a US citizen (or have a US credit card) you don't need to worry about actual CASH because credit cards will be accepted in most places.

I've only been to St. Croix on a cruise ship stop so I don't have a lot of experience, but with the exception of the "flea market" souvenir stalls every where we went a credit card was accepted.

You still need to make a budget, but I don't have any current experience on how much things cost on the island.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I agree with April about just using your CCs for most of it. As far as cash, I typically carry around $200-$300 for just in case things. Some stores and restaurants, regardless of location around the world, just won't take CCs. As far as how much per day, it really depends on what type of eaters and travelers you are. Most hotels offer some type of breakfast buffet. I'd say allow anywhere from $15-$30pp depending on the resort. Assume $30pp for lunch, especially if you plan on having a beer or drink. You may may be ableo to just bring granola bars or snacks from home if you aren't big lunch eaters and you may be able to stop at a local food stand and get something cheap. Dinner will be more- I'd say at least $50pp. I'm not sure what excursions are offered, but assume a middle of the road excursion is $30-$50pp, especially if it's motorized. Shopping will REALLY vary. I typically spend only $100 when I travel to the islands, but I spend WAY more when I travel to Europe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards