Plus-Sized

what are you wearing to your bridal shower??

so, i just bought an outfit for my bridal shower and i (surprisingly) love it! so i was just curious as to what you guys are wearing to yours???

Re: what are you wearing to your bridal shower??

• picture of your dress?
    (I don't have any idea what I'll wear yet!)
  • Will be during the summer, so probably a summer dress with sandals
  • benaisy: i don't have a picture but i'm wearing a black pencil skirt with tiny white polka dots with a red cardigan and black wedges. do you know when your shower is?
  • I wore this shirt dress (link) from Lane Bryant.  It was the perfect combination fashion and comfort, lol. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm wearing kind of a dressy dress but I love it. It's a short ivory chiffon on the bottom and gold sequined top. I could probably dress it down with boots or something. 
  • silver: that dress is adorable! looks like you could wear it just about anywhere too.

silverglitter: that sounds pretty. maybe ever pair it with a pair of brown sandals?
  • Yeah that could totally work too!
  • I really wanted to wear white or close to white, which has proven very difficult to find! So I'm going with this http://www.debshops.com/plus-size-skater-dress-with-daisy-crochet-bodice-and-illusion-back/1000058220.html?model_name=1152 with brown cowboy boots.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cute! i love the skirt of that dress!
  • muenginerdmuenginerd member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014

I think I'm looking at this dress at the moment for the shower.  We have a bachlorette event right after the shower I will need to be in jeans for, then I was thinking of changing back to this dress for dinner and drinks later.

https://www.renttherunway.com/shop/designers/kayunger_dresses/leadingladysheath

This comes from Rent The Runways.  Such a fun site I've used them for multiple events and they are beyond amazing on customer service and I don't have the stress of shopping with them!

• oh how pretty! i've never thought to use a site like that before...what if you spill something on the dress or something?
  • eas8418 said:
    oh how pretty! i've never thought to use a site like that before...what if you spill something on the dress or something?
    SITB (ALWAYS STUCK IN THE BOX! LOL)

I've rented dresses from there, and you purchase insurance to cover any mishaps. I'm going to rent a dress from there for our e-pic shoot and maybe our rehearsal dinner.

Just be aware of the length of the dresses. I rented a dress from there and it looked AMAZING on me. But, my butt was hanging out. FI loved it, but not appropriate for a New Years Eve party. I was able to return it and get an account credit. RTR customer service is great to work with!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • yup like previous poster said you pay like $5 insurance that covers any spills and dry cleaning for the dress.  If you have multiple events you can sign up for their PRO plan and you pay twice the shipping and insurance the first time and aren't charged those for the rest of the year.  Basically if you rent more than twice it's worth it!  I'm looking at this because I'm probably going to use them for shower, rehearsal, and then a few other weddings we have this year.

For the cost of one dress you do get to order two different sizes.  They come very nicely shipped to  you in garment bags.  If there is an emergency with the dress call them right away.  A friend had a situation like above where she was able to try the dress and found it way to revealing.  Rent the Runway overnighted her a great third dress to use!
  • thanks for filling me in ladies, i'm definitely checking that out for a couple weddings i have to go to! i never dress up unless i HAVE to so it sounds like it would save money in the long run!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards