Ohio-Northeast
Options

HELP! Need reception venues!!

Hello :)

I am an Akron bride in need of a reception venue for my wedding on November 22, 2014. My fiancé and I are parents of 3, so I need to find something super budget friendly that doesn't look cheap. We are planning on having 100-150 guests (his family is HUGE so cutting down isn't really an option). At this point, I've all but given up on finding anything , so any advice you guys could give me would really help!!

Re: HELP! Need reception venues!!

• Options
    Have you tried the Knights of Columbus on Glenmount Ave. or the Hibernians on Brown St. They are relatively cheap and supply you with tables and chairs, but you have to do all the decorating yourself.
  • Options
    RJD5RJD5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Mine is at Coventry Oaks Pavilion in the Firestone Metro Park! It was less than $300 to rent it for the day - you just have to bring in your own food, decorations, table settings, etc. It honestly didn't end up being all that expensive - my bridesmaids and I made all the centerpieces and found a great rental company for everything else!
  • Options
    RJD5 said:
    Mine is at Coventry Oaks Pavilion in the Firestone Metro Park! It was less than $300 to rent it for the day - you just have to bring in your own food, decorations, table settings, etc. It honestly didn't end up being all that expensive - my bridesmaids and I made all the centerpieces and found a great rental company for everything else!
    I went to a political fundraiser there once. That pavilion is gorgeous. OP, you should look into it. They don't let you have alcohol there though do they?
  • Options
    RJD5RJD5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    no, they don't. We were planning a dry ceremony anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. I always forget that fact when I recommend it.
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @RJD5, check out Ohio's state parks. Many of them contain closed-in shelters/lodges that are incredibly cheap and very beautiful. We'd have liked to use one, except alcohol is not permitted. 

Also, check out closed-in shelters and lodges in the Summit & surrounding county parks. 
  • Options
    Yes we have checked out this pavilion, it was absolutely gorgeous! However, my fiancé really is against a dry reception (he really doesn't have many other preferences , so I sorta have to give him this one :) ). Do you know of any state pavilions that do let you bring alcohol?
  • Options
    Tammy,

No I haven't checked either of these two out. I will definitely have to! Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options
    kbosko said:
    Yes we have checked out this pavilion, it was absolutely gorgeous! However, my fiancé really is against a dry reception (he really doesn't have many other preferences , so I sorta have to give him this one :) ). Do you know of any state pavilions that do let you bring alcohol?
    All of the metro parks prohibit bringing alcohol. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards