Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Directions and Accommodations Card

I am currently designing my own invitations and I am stuck on the Accommodations/Directions.

In the past, I have seen people put a separate card with their invitation and response card that says Directions and Accommodations. Which nicely has directions coming from north, south, east, west... along with the information with the hotel room blocks. Which is great for out of town guests --- which I am inviting plenty of to our wedding.

Because our wedding is taking place in the city, the directions I have from the venue are no longer valid due to construction of tunnels and bridges leading in to the city. Therefore I wanted to do away with the card all together...but then I received suggestions to include a small business card, matching the style of the invitation that says "For Directions and Accommodations, please visit our wedding website ---www.ourwedding.com". I have already put the directions (without the construction detours) and accommodations on the wedding website. However, our registry information is also included on our website, so I am afraid it will look rude if I direct people towards our registry from the invitation. I already gave the wedding website information on our Save the Dates too, so I am also feeling this might be redundant and sending the wrong message.

Also, is it safe to assume everyone we are inviting will want/be able to access our wedding website? Or would we be relying on technology by assuming everyone can find directions? Our wedding is taking place at a major landmark in the city therefore I feel like it may be silly to include directions anyway. But should I include hotel accommodations without directions? Or just go back to my gut feeling of not having a Directions and Accommodations card included at all? 

Re: Directions and Accommodations Card

• Options
    I included our website on our reception card, I believe. It provided info on accommodations, directions and yes, our registry. I didn't say anything with the website...I simply listed it at the bottom.
  • Options
    You can include your website,  it is including registry information directly in the invite that is rude.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did put a business card-sized insert in my invitation that says "For Directions and Accomodations, please visit our website at ourweddingwebsite.com". Yes, our registry is listed on the website, but, that is not why I have my guests going there. And my mother suggested taking the registry link off after my bridal shower. My website was also listed on my STD; but I have since updated information and there is some critical information for my guests so I want to direct as much attention to the website as possible.

I would assume that everyone can have some kind of access to the website - if someone does not have a computer, they can take the card to the library and look it up. Or ask friends/family. We were concerned about my grandmother since she does not have a computer - but my aunts are all taking care of her (booking her hotel room and flight, driving anywhere with her, giving her any necessary information) so it does not matter that my grandmother does not use the internet. 

image   image   image

• Options
    Rather than including an insert with lengthy printed directions, I am also including a link to our wedding website for directions and additional hotel information in case someone chooses not to stay at the hotel we have booked a block of rooms in.  One side of the insert has the room block information, the other has the link to the website for a map and directions. Along with the link, I also included a sentence indicating guests could call the state park where we are getting married (along with the phone number) if they needed directions, in case someone wasn't web savvy, though I doubt that will be an issue.  I was originally going to include my phone number, but if guests are calling the day of the wedding for directions, I won't be available to provide them.  The front desk at the hotel at the park does so regularly to all sorts of guests.

And yes, my website also has a registry link on it.  I just didn't mention that on the insert.  If people find it, great.  If not, that's fine too.
  • Options

I put accommondations and hotel info on our website. It worked fine.

If you really want to do an insert, could you have a map instead of turn by turn directions?

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards