Ohio-Cleveland

Need Buttons for Wedding Dress Made

My wedding dress has buttons down a portion of the back of my dress but I would like to have them down the entire length. I have extra material from a shawl that came with my dress which I would like to use to make more buttons to accomplish this. Does anyone have any suggestions of who I could go to and have the buttons made? Any help is appreciated!

Re: Need Buttons for Wedding Dress Made

• Does your dress shop have someone they recommend? It sounds like these buttons are going to be very visible and you want quality work. They could probably refer you to someone experienced, or their seamstresses may do it on the side.
  • They will definitely be visible so I need quality work. I've inquired with the boutique that I bought my dress at to see if it is possible to order buttons from the designer but I have not received a response back in over a week. The boutique is over 2 hours away (and doesn't do alterations) so I was hoping to find a recommendation in Cleveland to utilize. Any help is appreciated!
  • uszakkuszakk member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm...not sure if this will help but my dress was from Perfect Bride in Rocky River and they did the alterations as well. They have two or three seamstresses on staff who were fantastic - they did really quality work. I don't know if they work on dresses that they don't sell, but it may not hurt to check in with them.

Or try calling your dress shop again - they should definitely get back to you promptly when you're a customer! Don't be afraid to nag at them!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards