Wedding Woes

Good morning!

How was the weekend?  Ours was pretty awesome.

Friday- MIL and sFIL came to watch kids and pick up the food I made them.  DH took the day off and we picked out our granite slabs, shopped for barstools and took delivery of 1,749 lbs of cabinets.  It was a little strange that as soon as we walked through the door ILs were like "gotta go pay the Macy's bill.  Catch you later."  Friday night I had Bunco.  It's so fun.  I'm glad I took the chance to go.

Saturday- we snuggled in and then went to look for barstools.  While out FIL called to say he found a $1900 frig for $900.  It has some dents on the sides where we have cabinets so it doesn't matter. 

Sunday- 6let and M2 wanted to go to church so I took them.  They were so cute and good.  The rest of the day was spent opening and inspecting 56 boxes of stuff.

Re: Good morning!

• Our weekend was nice.

The ILs kept the kids overnight on Saturday.  DH and I shopped a little but didn't buy anything and then went to a movie.  We saw Devil's Due.  It was fine.  About what I expected - nothing spectacular but creepy enough.

Yesterday we got groceries and bummed around the house before going to the ILs' house for dinner and pick up the kids. 
  • Weekend was decent.  

Friday-We went to dinner at the outdoor mall by our house and walked around.  It was nice to get the kids out of the house and get some fresh air.  We didn't take DefConn's stroller he loved chasing his big bro all over the sidewalk.  He also had a blast a Zumiez playing on the skate boards.  

Saturday-DH moved his uncle.  He took the kiddo, I stayed home with DefConn and did stuff around the house.  DH came back and got us and went to the IL's to celebrate FIL's birthday. 

Sunday-Lazy morning, slept in super late. After breakfast, DH worked on reviews for work while I comandeered the kids into picking up the house.  We did a little shopping in the afternoon and then came home and grilled out for dinner.  (Pork loin with maple bourbon rub...OMG so good) and watched TV until bed time. 

DefConn is having night terrors.  :(  He was yelling, "NO, NO, NO!!" in his sleep last night, but was sound alseep when I checked on him.  
  • We were gonna stay home on Saturday, but Freya had to be taken to the vet because she yelped when I picked her up and we freaked out. Turns out she broke a toe and threw out her little Corgi back, so she's on daily NSAIDs and nightly tramadol. She has to stay away from her siblings throughout the day because we don't want them to play when we're not there, she's not allowed to jump off of things, she's not allowed to run around... she's kinda angry at us. She goes back to the vet on Friday to see how she's doing.

We managed to watch most of season three of Game of Thrones on Saturday night. Husband spent all of Sunday setting up for the managers' meeting of his company at the convention center, so yay overtime. He also gets to work in Nashville for the next two days instead of working down in Brentwood, so he gets a ten minute commute instead of his thirty minute commute. He's excited to be getting home to the dogs earlier!

• Friday was DH's birthday, so we had pie and pizza. Saturday we had a party at FIl's house for DH, and then we went to my parent's house on Sunday. DD is having trouble with naps so by the afternoon she was melting down. DS is just whiny lately and my tolerance for whining is very low.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards