Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

DIY Makeup - Product Suggestions?

I'm planning on doing my own makeup, but am still looking for a few products:

- Primer: haven't found a primer that works well on my skin yet. it's prone to minor breakouts on the cheek and chin area (stress/hormone related, according to an aesthetician) so I don't want anything oily or that will make it worst. So far, I've only tried Lancome La Base because my foundation is Lancome and I got a sample when I bought the foundation.

- Translucent Powder: looking for something to "set" everything that won't cost me a ridiculous amount of money. I've heard that Laura Mercier and Makeup Forever's translucent powders are good - any thoughts or other suggestions?

- Bronzer: something I can use for light contouring (i.e. more matte than shimmer)

- "Fixing Spray": my mom told me I should buy a fixing spray, but I really don't know if it's necessary/helpful. 

Thanks for any advice. I'll keep your tips in mind when I go to Sephora next weekend!! 

Re: DIY Makeup - Product Suggestions?

• I use Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Setting Spray all the time and it's a marvelous product. I used it for my wedding (along with primer) and my makeup lasted all day. Since that sets stuff, I don't think you need setting powder too, but I did use a mattifying powder because I got married outside in August. 

For the other stuff, maybe go to Sephora and ask what they recommend.
  • I am having my make up done, but my MUA suggested I go to Sephora and get the Urban Decay primer. She said it's the best one she's used and the salon she works at doesn't have it. I don't have any suggestions for any of the other stuff.
  • There was a similar thread a few weeks ago with a lot of info that you should look up-
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely try to find the thread!
  • I second the Urban Decay All Nighter spray. Also, Urban Decay's Pore Perfecting Primer is a godsend. The combo of the two always keeps my makeup perfect for things like NYE and weddings. I tend to break out from stress and hormones and have never had a problem with either of these products.
  • MAC has a very good setting powder too. I love UD setting spray as well. I put setting power, then spray and my MU hold up pretty well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards