Snarky Brides

Tatts

2»

Re: Tatts

• @Inkdancer - It's not, actually, but a lot of people think it is! hahah   
    My "XIII" is actually of dual-meaning: it's my reminder of 1 Cor. 13 (the "love is patient, love is kind" Scripture verse), and also for the many recurring instances of the number 13 through my life.  (Don't get me wrong, though, I adore KH! haha)

@HisGirlFriday13 - I've always wondered this, too... for this reason, I'd never get one on my back, or the nape of my neck, etc.  To each their own, I guess?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • My only tattoo is between my shoulder blades because:
    1) It is easily covered for work
    2) It won't warp much if I gain/ lose weight , age, or get pregnant, and other areas that are pretty static are too small or visible.
    3) Because honestly I sometimes forget about it, see it in the mirror, and go "Oh, that's pretty!" all over again.
    4) Because of the symmetry, it had to be centered to look right, and again, only place that made sense.

I am going to get my dog's pawprint on my foot sometime soon. I'm just waiting to make sure I really want to do it and it's not the grief talking.
  • I have ten tattoos, three of which are pretty large pieces on my leg, shoulder and arm. I have no trouble showing them or not showing them. They are a part of me, and why would I hide that just so some older relatives can feel better? I haven't even tried on dresses, so i have no idea the style I'm looking for, or how many of my tattoos will be viable. But it's not a concern in my mind as I approach dress shopping. 

Honestly, I'm more concerned with my fatty upper arms than my tattoos!
  • Can I ask an honest question and I don't at all mean to be snarky with this -- why did you get tattoos where you can't see them? I know other people can, but you can't. Wouldn't you want to be able to see them all the time? I've always been curious about that.

I can't answer for everyone but most of my the time I pick out a tattoo design I like and then the artist I go to and I will lay the stencil on different places to see where the best fit was. The only one I didn't do this for was the one on my inner thigh. I put that there because it is a memorial piece and is something I did for myself and I didn't want people asking me about it all the time because it is a painful subject for me.
  • I have 4: nape of neck, lower right back/hip, left ribs, and left wrist. Nape of neck is the day my dad was diagnosed with cancer without the year, since we celebrated that day as it changed our lives for the better. Lower back is a very colorful lotus flower to remind me to always be happy in my love life, don't just settle. Wrist is an ambigram-one way it says Faith, the other Trust. Rib piece started off as black birds (from the Beatles song, Blackbird) to symbolize dad's remission from cancer, then I added to it when he passed. I waited and mediated for over a year on all the pieces to make sure they all meant something to me and wasn't something I'd rush into, as well to make sure I would be ready to tell the stories behind all of them.

prettybirdy27 my ribs and neck tat are for my dad who passed from cancer. I actually see the tattoos as a way for me to overcome as well as honor him. I love telling his story as I also find myself being able to help others and bring awareness to his cancer (stomach). My favorite was when a WalMart greeter approached me and I found out her daughter had passed very quickly from cancer. She was having a difficult time and I hope I was able to help her. Just be ready to explain.

HisGirlFriday13 I agree with PPs that I while I love my tatts and love to show them off and tell their story, I I work in tourism and most places don't allow visible tattoos. Thankfully, my wrist is white ink and Im more on the pale side ;)

imageimage

• My only tattoo is between my shoulder blades because: 1) It is easily covered for work 2) It won't warp much if I gain/ lose weight , age, or get pregnant, and other areas that are pretty static are too small or visible. 3) Because honestly I sometimes forget about it, see it in the mirror, and go "Oh, that's pretty!" all over again. 4) Because of the symmetry, it had to be centered to look right, and again, only place that made sense. I am going to get my dog's pawprint on my foot sometime soon. I'm just waiting to make sure I really want to do it and it's not the grief talking.
    I do this all the time! I have one between my shoulder blades that is only a few months old, but almost every time I get out of the shower I'm surprised by it all over again and I love it anew. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Update: he changed his mind! I'm getting my tattoo!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • singinchick13singinchick13 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited February 2014
    Yay that's awesome!! To answer previous questions, I have four tattoos, one on my lower back, one just below my hipbone that sort of touches the top of my thigh, and one on the back of each shoulder. The two shoulder pieces will be showing on the wedding day, apart from moments when they are covered by my hair/veil. They are a pink tribal flower on one side and a pair of wings with a quote in between them that says "God gave me you". My lower back is a heart inside a tribal design that I got when I was 16 and plan to add text to, and the below hip one is an apple with a snake wrapped around it. If I were a little more tech-savvy I would add pics, but I'm kind of lacking in that department. 

The reason most of my tattoos are in a place where I don't see them all the time is because I can easily cover them up if need be for work or other purposes, and I had several people who see theirs every day tell me they are sick of them. I personally could never get sick of my tattoos, but I suppose for some people it happens. Having said that, I love the one below my hipbone and I thought I had chosen a pretty fool-proof spot, but when I was pregnant my stretchmarks affected it ever so slightly. You may not think your legs will be affected by baby weight, but be very careful with your thigh area. I got stretchmarks all the way down the top of my thighs. The outsides are pretty clear, but definitely keep in mind that this can seriously wreck a tattoo, if kids are something you see in your future. I still love it but it is definitely not 'perfect' like it was when I got it, and there is no point getting it fixed until I'm done having kids. Just something to think about.
  • I have one on the inside of my left wrist with plans for at least two more. NEY but I don't plan to cover my tattoos at all when I do get married. I see no point in it.
    Formerly known as bubbles053009

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards