Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Thoughts on a GoPro Video?

Has anyone asked a friend to capture your wedding on a GoPro, rather than hiring a videographer? My fiance and I really want to make sure that we capture the personal moments of our day on video, but we're not willing/able to fork over $2K+ for the quality of video that we would want. I'm familiar with editing video and am confident that I could edit and put it to music. Just curious to know if others have considered or done the same thing and how it worked out.

Re: Thoughts on a GoPro Video?

• Options
    Has anyone asked a friend to capture your wedding on a GoPro, rather than hiring a videographer? My fiance and I really want to make sure that we capture the personal moments of our day on video, but we're not willing/able to fork over $2K+ for the quality of video that we would want. I'm familiar with editing video and am confident that I could edit and put it to music. Just curious to know if others have considered or done the same thing and how it worked out.
    I'm not a fan of asking people to do jobs at your wedding.  What would your friend have to do?  Video the ceremony and all the main parts of the reception?  So basically they would have to concentrate on filming it and not actually enjoy the moments?  That just doesn't seem right.  

Also, you say "...the quality you want".  Is a friend filming it really going to be the quality you want?

I'd either hire a professional or skip it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards