Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception Location Ideas (Chicago-Land)

Hello!

We our trying to find a great place to have our wedding reception. We would like to go with somewhere in the south suburbs of Chicago if possible. Maybe somewhere near Joliet.  We live around the Schaumburg area, so really we our game for anything though...besides downtown Chicago.

We would like to stay under 10,000...we already plan to have the wedding in the off season and on a Sunday to cut cost there. 

So far it seems like the places such as the Seville give you the best bang for the buck with the inclusion of the room, dinner, cake, table decorations, etc... And if we can get a place where we don't have to worry about things such as the cake that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Re: Reception Location Ideas (Chicago-Land)

• Options
    how many peolple are you having? Mine is at the Holiday Inn Crystal Lake, it is not too far from Schaumburg. So far I'm loving the venue, we paid $40 per person for a plated meal and 4 hours open bar. And that includes a custom wedding cake. Check out their website, they have a lot of information!
  • Options
    You might want to repost this on the Illinois-Chicago local board.

There are several venues in the Schaumburg area that offer good deals.  What kind of research/googling have you done so far?  

Chandler's, Stonegate, The Cotillion in Palatine, The Meridian.....there are so many places.  What is your guest list size?  The majority of these places are all inclusive.
  • Options
    The Odyssey In Tinley Park/Orland Park is very nice and in that budget
  • Options
    The Stonegate Banquet Centre is near the Seville and has way better food then them. I found out a lot of the Seville's food is frozen and comes from a box and is not fresh. The Stonegate has two great spaces as well that are completely different from one another which is nice to have that variety. Hope you find a great venue! Oh also ask for Jennifer if you visit the Stonegate, a girlfriend of mine took a tour with her and loved her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards