Flowers

No idea what to have

So I have basically everything planned out except for my flowers. I'm having aqua/turquoise for my main color but I want my uplighting and flowers to be purple and maybe a little bit of white...HOWEVER, I don't know anything about flowers and have no clue what would look nice. Any suggestions for flowers that would go well with my color scheme for a June wedding????

Re: No idea what to have

• So I have basically everything planned out except for my flowers. I'm having aqua/turquoise for my main color but I want my uplighting and flowers to be purple and maybe a little bit of white...HOWEVER, I don't know anything about flowers and have no clue what would look nice. Any suggestions for flowers that would go well with my color scheme for a June wedding????
    Talk to a florist for some ideas
  • I agree with shrekspeare.  If you have a dim room and purple uplighting, your purple flowers will get lost.  Also, if you have tall centerpieces made of dark colors then it really just creates and "black hole" in your room.

As far as what types of flowers to use and what kind of arrangements to go with, well that will really depend on your budget.

• I'm not sure I would do your uplighting and flowers the same color. If I were you, I would do my uplighting purple, and my flowers white.

I don't think it really matters what color your flowers are, it seems like with uplighting, floral colors kind of get lost. Have you considered no flowers and doing branches instead? Silvery glittery ones catch the light really well.

I actually hadn't thought of those options but seeing them in pictures definitely has me thinking about it now. It looks really nice, I was considering having some white flowers but it actually looks great with all white considering the purple uplighting still adds plenty of color to the room.
  • You can always tell the florist what your colors are, and see what they suggest! I'm planning on telling my florist "these are my colors, these are flowers i hate, and these are flowers i love. What can we do?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards