Wedding Invitations & Paper

How to print on DIY invitation kit?

Okay, so I found a great deal on one of those invitation kits that you can get from Michaels.  My only problem now is that I do not know how to print on the invitation so it does not look crooked.  Does anyone know how I can print these on my at home printer so they don't come out crooked? Thanks!

Re: How to print on DIY invitation kit?

• We had a similar issue when printing ours. They would be crooked or print where we didn't want it too even though we were using a template provided by the company of the invites. Ex: our invites were 6" x 6", and it kept acting like it was 8.5 x 11 paper even though we had set it our invite size. Microsoft Office just wouldn't cooperate.

My FI used a free program called Open Office and it worked great to get the printer to print where we wanted it too. To not be crooked, we made sure there was a snug fit with the adjustable bar where you lay the paper. Also, we noticed that having too much in the feed would cause it to grab multiple and then shift the invites, making them crooked.

I suggest cutting test paper to match the size of your invites and running them through a couple times. We did 5 invites at a time and only messed 1 up. Takes a bit longer to do small groups, but was well worth it for us.

Hope that helps!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards