Destination Weddings Discussions

Budget on photography

Ok Brides....My Fi and I are getting married June 2014....I have chosen not to go with a photograher....I was going to rent a nice camera and have family record and snap pictures.....We were then going to put the picture and videos together and make a wedding video what do you brides think is this a good idea or a mistake waiting to happen

Re: Budget on photography

• I would rather know that a professional is taking pictures as well. It would be harder for your family to get special moments. They are going to be worried about capturing kodak moments and miss out on other moments themselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with the above. I'd hire a photographer, even if just for an hour or so. Let the guests enjoy themselves, and not have to worry about carrying around a camera or missing an important moment. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Well you ladies are right maybe go candid for the other photos but hire photograher for an hour

• I think that while it is a really unique idea, having a photographer for at least a couple hours to really capture some great moments and things that really can't be redone (first kiss, first look, etc) is an absolute necessity. Cameras don't take great photos, people do. Also, editing is a huge portion of how great a photo looks so if no one can use photoshop and lightroom, you never know how it will turn out. We asked our photographer if we get the actual shot that they shoot or if we get an edited photo and we actually got to see the difference between the two. While it was a nice photo, the edited was SO much better. 
  • I had been debating this in regards to whether or not I should have my sister take pictures of me while I am to get ready. Looking at what Im going to be spending (350/hr) to add an extra hr or two so that nothing is missed I feel is more important. Same thing with the videography. Here's the thing you have to think about, you are not going to get a re-do and they can recapture that candid shot. A professional photographer/videographer will know how to capture those special moments. Also now you have to think about the editing, I've seen a few photographers I compared to my sisters pictures (one was 8hrs, 2 photographers for 2880 and another was 8 hrs 2 photographers for 3890). The videographer and photographer I have chosen I'm completely in love with. There work is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I don't want to try to save a few buck when I'm already spending a lot. This is your special day and the pictures and video is all you will have to look back on. Plus if you do hire someone your family will be part of those memories captured. Hope this helps, good luck!
  • Photography was (and is) extremely important to me so I would never have considered leaving it in the hands of anyone other than a pro. She was worth every single penny and captured some amazing shots that will be treasured by us and our families.
  • Now with that being said i have read reviews of other brides that the photograher at the resort is simply and employee so for me paying $600 for a non professional and if I bring someone in from outside the resort its a fee of $200 for them...... My fi suggested we pay one of our younger cousins to capture photos for us and we can send the pictures to a family member whom is a photographer...If I would of heard more positive reviews about the resort photographer I would def. use for ceremony and go candid for other shots....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards