Texas-Houston

Does anyone have wedding day hair/makeup recommendations?

I have searched high and low and I really would prefer a recommendation rather than just booking someone off a list.  I really like The Perfect Face, however I found them to be pretty pricey.  I don't mind paying that much for myself but I do not want to burden my bridesmaids with that much of an expense.  I'd like to keep it around $120 for hair/makeup or less per bridesmaid.

Re: Does anyone have wedding day hair/makeup recommendations?

• I know some people are weary of this since it's their wedding day, but have you thought of a beauty school student? One of my friends is in a cosmetology program right now and she is going to do all of our hair. We are getting a good deal, and she gets to use it for her portfolio! Obviously she will do trial runs on all of us before the big day.

You could also check out Ray and the Visible Changes in the Galleria. He's my families hair stylist. They absolutely refuse to see anyone else!
  • I actually ended up doing my own make-up and a friend did my hair, but that's because I had TWO trial runs with people, and hated it both times.  

Sorry I don't have suggestions, but just wanted to emphasize do not book someone without a trial run!  

SaveSave
  • I will definitely be doing a trial run.  Sarah, unfortunately I had a bad experience with a cosmetology student in the past so I'm very weary of that for my wedding day.  I did talk to visible changes at the Galleria but none of them will do a Saturday because that is there busy day.  I need them to come to us!
  • A couple that I'm familiar with are OnSite Hair Design and Airbrushed by Robin.  I've also read a lot of good things about Hair by Liz.

Hope that helps.

• Check Sara with Cara Dulce, she did my hair and makeup and did an amazing job caradulcemakeup.com
  • Exquisite Reflections. 
  • Josephine's on Eldridge. It's and Aveda Salon. I liked that hair and make up were done in the same salon, and they are a "no tip" salon, so it was a little cheaper than expected. 
  • Hi Everyone,

I booked with Adorne Artistry.  I had a trial and it went great.  I have more than 5 bridesmaids so the pricing was $125 each for hair and airbrush makeup.

Just and update for anyone else who may be looking!

• Thalio Beckham. He is amazing. I used him for my engagement photos, boudoir shoot, birthday and graduation. He is amazing!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards