Jewish Weddings
Options

rabbi for saturday evening wedding

Hi - my fiance and I are looking for a rabbi to marry us before sunset on a saturday in september. We are not very religious at all and were for hoping for a more modern jewish wedding than traditional. Can anyone recommend a rabbi in the NY area who would marry us? If not a rabbi, can you recommend someone else who can perform a jewish style wedding??? 
We really want the ceremony to be romantic but with good personality.
Thanks!! :)

Re: rabbi for saturday evening wedding

• Options
    I'm looking for the same.... did you find someone??
  • Options
    Sk1015Sk1015 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    You will be hard pressed to find even a cantor to perform the ceremony before sundown. Try looking for a canter who works in the russian communities in brooklyn. They are usually much less religious.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    I don't think any rabbi will conduct a wedding on Saturday evening before sundown because it's still Shabbat. Even very laid-back-religious-wise ones probably won't do that. If you want a rabbi to officiate, I think you need to move up the time of your wedding to after sundown and plan all else accordingly if you're going to keep it on Saturday evening. If you're looking for an officiant in NYC, you'll probably have better luck asking on the local NYC board.
  • Options
    We found a wonderful rabbi who performed our interfaith wedding before sundown. His name is Ronald Broden and he's in NY. Google his name to find his website. Kathleen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards