Wedding Etiquette Forum

NWR Baby Shower

I'm throwing a baby shower this summer for my MOH, so so excited! Mom to be is allergic to polyester, she will get a rash in less than ten minutes and baby could also be allergic. Would it be tacky to include a card to ask people to refrain from buying items with polyester. I know it's a long shot that people will actually do it, but she will feel terrible if she gets all this stuff she can't use and can't return. I know if I was a guest, I would rather know than not. Thoughts?

Re: NWR Baby Shower

• I'm throwing a baby shower this summer for my MOH, so so excited! Mom to be is allergic to polyester, she will get a rash in less than ten minutes and baby could also be allergic. Would it be tacky to include a card to ask people to refrain from buying items with polyester. I know it's a long shot that people will actually do it, but she will feel terrible if she gets all this stuff she can't use and can't return. I know if I was a guest, I would rather know than not. Thoughts?
    I think having a separate insert that gives the registry info and a small note to say that "Mom-to-be is allergic to polyester.  Please avoid this type of fabric"  would be ok.  But she should be prepared for people to just buy the cutest thing, regardless of the fabric.  She will probably just need to make returns to get non-polyester items.
  • I would MUCH rather know about this than not.  she could have a reaction opening presents!  Stick a little card in the invitation alerting guests to the situation.  I know if I saw that I would keep in in the front of my mind (or opt for non clothing stuff on the registry).
  • Given that it is an allergy rather than a preference, an insert stating this is absolutely fine.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I think that's fine. Plus, Mom is going to be quite cozy with the baby so the fabric content of the clothing, blankets, and other items will certainly have a quick impact on her.

• Thanks, ladies! We absolutely know that is will happen anyway, but we would rather let people know than not, if it was E approved, so I'm glad it is. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards