Wisconsin

Candy Buffets

Who has done them? I am weighing out our options for a couple different things for our wedding.

Fi really wants a nacho cheese fountain (which our venue approved) instead of order late night snacks from the venue. This would end up cheaper than ordering snacks through our venue.

Our photographer is running a special on photobooths if you booked her before Sept 1, 4-5 hours for $300.

Now, if I did a candy buffet plus the other two, is that too much? On an estimate how much have you paid for your items for your buffet?

Re: Candy Buffets

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_candy-buffets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:174347d4-2242-4978-a6be-335ebe28a098Post:f7921dbb-eb7b-4aa7-9b16-66315b3e02bb">Candy Buffets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who has done them? I am weighing out our options for a couple different things for our wedding. Fi really wants a nacho cheese fountain (which our venue approved) instead of order late night snacks from the venue. This would end up cheaper than ordering snacks through our venue. Our photographer is running a special on photobooths if you booked her before Sept 1, 4-5 hours for $300. Now, if I did a candy buffet plus the other two, is that too much? On an estimate how much have you paid for your items for your buffet?
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>My sister is having a candy buffet, everything we read says a half a pound of cany per person.  Candy is $4/lb and up.  So it is pretty pricey.  I think having a nacho fountain and photobooth seems like plenty of stuff for late in the evening.  </div>
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • we are doing a nacho fountain too! :) my fiance and i always joked about having one long before we were engaged! I agree with the PP, the nacho fountain and photobooth seem like plenty to keep guests entertained, full, and happy! we are doing the cheese fountain, beef, homemade tortilla chips, typical taco veggies and guac which i think will be plenty! my brother and his wife did a candy bar at their wedding 2 years ago and it was BEAUTIFUL, however, they wound up taking a lot of it home (i mean a LOT) because most people just snacked from it, but didn't fill up a to go bag/box to take with. i thought about doing one, but my fiance's family isn't really a "sweets" type family, so i wouldn't want a lot of hard work to be wasted.

also, if you don't mind me asking, is your photographer still running a special like this or something close price wise, and if so would you mind sharing who your photographer is? I've had a crazy time finding a photobooth under ~ $700.
  • Thanks for the input! I was leaning that way too.

Crazykatie, I live up by Green Bay but she is still running a similar deal. If you book in Septemer it is $350, October $400, and November $500. If you are in the Fox Valley area check her out! www.facebook.com/bhostphoto  She has done several of our friends weddings so it was an easy choice.

• Wonderful, I will check it out! Thank you for sharing :)
  • Sounds good, let me know if you need anymore information about her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards