My fiance and I just got engaged and we're having an awful time picking a date.
We wanted to get married in the fall, but his sister is expecting her first baby at about the same time, and his mother has asked us not to pick any date in September of October. By the time we eliminated other family conflicts, dates the church was already booked, and winter months (since I'm not a fan), we were down to either getting married Aug. 30 (with only six months to set everything up!) or waiting until sometime next spring.
Six months seems too fast. Next spring seems too far away. And complicating matters is the fact that my father has dementia and Parkinson's, and his condition could deteriorate significantly in the ~15 months we'd be waiting for a spring wedding. (But on the other hand, there's no guarantee he'd make it to the ceremony even if it was in six months).
We really don't know what to do. Any suggestions?