Chit Chat
Options

Fed Ex vent.

Fed Ex supposedly delivered a package to my apartment a month ago. Well it would have been nice to know that. And it would have been great if they had actually put it at my door.

Rant over.
Lessons: Always have packages sent to my parents like back in college.

Re: Fed Ex vent.

• Options
    I avoid using FedEx. I just don't have very good experiences with them.

I do usually have good experiences with UPS. We have a very dedicated driver in my area. He delivered my package early even though schools and most places were shut down for weather. (I may feel slightly guilty for his getting stuck in my drive way... It was a wind chill of -30 and he was stuck outside trying to get the truck out.)
  • Options
    I hope the plight of parcel delivery is better in the future for all of us.
  • Options
    I used to work at Fed Ex. I was a package handler (all my best job titles have been held when I'm in stable relationships. I never got to try and pick a guy up with, "Hey, I'm a package handler" or "I sell mattresses.")

Pay was good, but the job sucked. And I learned some valuable lessons.

BUBBLE WRAP YOUR SHIT FOLKS.

(To be fair, Drivers are usually the carefullest with packages. I can only assume the guy getting the monitor is a major pain in the ass)

Anniversary
  • Options
    Ugh, that sucks, I'm sorry. Did you or the sender track the package? Did FedEx tell you they didn't put it in front of your door? Not sure where you live, but around here it's not uncommon for packages left outside the door to be stolen - even inside the hallway of an apartment building, and it's happened to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Fed ex always leaves packages on my back deck. Both UPS and USPS leave them on my front porch, which has a roof. Before Xmas, 2 packages fed ex left were destroyed because they were left of the uncovered deck in torrential rain. I had to fine new boxes to ship everything back in. Fed ex doesn't even try knocking or the doorbell either - they always just leave it on the deck even if I'm home.
  • Options
    @chibiyui, the video of the soccer players in bubble balls is my go to for cheer ups :)
  • Options
    We rarely use fed ex; but something we got shipped out to our business last year was sent fed ex.  Typically UPS and the few time we had fed ex delivers directly to the shop, i sign for it, etc.  So the fed ex guy LEFT it out at the street by our mailbox...and said I signed for it.  It was after lunch and I cannot see our mailbox/the street until we actually drive out of the lot, but when I checked tracking for it and it said delivered...and then said it was signed for I was pissed!  I called them to complain to say no one received the package nor signed for it.  At first they were like well it says E--- signed for it. That is me, I think I would know if I signed for a package.  Anyway about an hour later one of our techs was leaving and went was driving out he saw the box by the mailbox!!  Ugh, so he drove back in and brought it to me at my desk.  I ripped Fed Ex a new one and they never apologized for the mishap.  It was an expensive part too, so if it was stolen or something I would have been livid.  We avoid using them.  We now are at a place with an office, but my god I get so nervous when I know something is coming fed ex. I do not trust them at all!!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards