March 2014 Weddings
Options

Bachelorette Party tonight and a little bit of a vent.

Well, it's really not a party but more of a night out - dinner and drinks.  My sister showed me all my goodies that I get to wear - a Sash and a tiera that has little penis's on it.  Ohhh boy.  She also got Penis straws for us to use.  This will be FUN.  I just hope I don't drink too much.  I want to be somewhat coherent when friends come over on Saturday morning.  

Vent: FSIL has accepted and then declined numerous invites to WR things all because FMIL is working or isn't invited.  I invited FSIL to go to lunch with me on the Thursday before the wedding to just relax and bond.  She declined because FMIL has to work.  She was invited to the bachelorette party and she accepted.  But then last night, because FMIL wasn't invited, she backed out.  She said that she wanted FMIL to be there with her.  My sister explained to her, numerous times, both over the phone, through email and through text that FMIL and My mom were not invited because it was to be a 'girls night out'.  From what my sister said is that she was OK with FMIL not being invited.  Now all of a sudden she doesn't want to come.  I also invited FSIL to go with me and the rest of the girls, to go get our nails done the day before the wedding.  I extended the invite to FMIL as well but since FMIL can't go (she has to work), FSIL said that she can't make it.  Every time I invite FSIL out, FMIL has to be involved or she doesn't want to go.  I asked FI what the deal was with this and he said that they've been attached at the hip since forever.  I told him that it just doesn't seem healthy.  I don't spend THAT much time with my mom that I want her involved in everything.  I love my mom to bits and enjoy spending time with her...but every day? Every invite out? Why?!    

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Bachelorette Party tonight and a little bit of a vent.

• Options

My mom and my MIL were invited to the bridal shower; we had an amazing time. My bachelorette is tomorrow and we are going salsa dancing in South Beach. I CAN'T wait.

Re: the penises. I said I wanted no penises, LOL. Have fun with them!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Secondly- don't worry about the MIL and SIL. If she doesn't want to go, then so be it. Worry about YOU, your upcoming day and your commitment to the man you love.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    verna25 said:

My mom and my MIL were invited to the bridal shower; we had an amazing time. My bachelorette is tomorrow and we are going salsa dancing in South Beach. I CAN'T wait.

Re: the penises. I said I wanted no penises, LOL. Have fun with them!!

Haha.  I said I didn't want any strippers.  I guess penis straws and a penis tipped tierra won't hurt any.

verna25 said:
    Secondly- don't worry about the MIL and SIL. If she doesn't want to go, then so be it. Worry about YOU, your upcoming day and your commitment to the man you love.
    That's what I plan to do.  What's funny is, FMIL posted pictures on FB from this afternoon (about an hour ago) and FSIL doesn't look ill at all.  Pfft. Whatever.  If she says that she wishes she came I'll tell her that she could of but she wasn't feeling well.  Pfft.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.