Snarky Brides
Options

My unconscious mind is an evil, conniving bitch

I get married a week from tomorrow. Up until the past few days, I've been nervous/freaking out about getting everything right. Two days ago, I mentally chilled. And that's when my brain started messing with me via wedding nightmares.

Dream 1,  two nights ago: Got to my venue, found out coordinator is sick. Running around getting reception set up. Realize not only am I late for my hair appointment, it's past the time I'm supposed to be back from it. Go into room to get ready. My beautiful, floor length gown has been cut to the knee, dyed mostly black, and has a netting train attached at the ass with ass bow. Hosiery is now black fishnet thigh highs with hooker heels. (not something I'd wear in front of my fairly conservative family). Frantically trying to do my hair with curling irons and youtube videos, only to realize I'm now 20 minutes past my ceremony start time. FI is pissed due to my inherent punctuality, starts bitching that I am obviously not taking our marriage seriously, and doesn't want a wedding any more.

(Note: after waking and telling FI about this one, he laughed and said he'd wait till our flight leaves the day after at 5 pm if I need that long to get ready for our wedding. Told my grandma about the dream, not only did she roar with laughter, she wanted to know what I'd been drinking, as she'd like a nip of it herself.)

Last night, my brain upped the ante...

Dream 2, last night: I dreamt 2 weeks before the wedding, FI sent me a text saying we were through, he was moving 5 hrs away, had a gf on the side who he cared for more, and she's a month pregnant. In the dream I was sobbing, trying to figure out what the hell I'd do and how I'd cope. Couldn't get ahold of him to talk about it, not sure how to talk to his folks (they live nearby). Dream was very, very vivid. 

Finally woke up, realized it was a dream, but still went RUNNING down the hall to the office, burst in, saw FI on his computer, and practically tackled him crying and sobbing "you're still here, you're STILL HERE!!" FI's response: the hell is wrong with you? He got me to calm down, tell him about the dream while holding me (kitties are also trying to worm their way into the warm spot at this point). FI says he's not going anywhere, besides, my Dad's buying him a new tv (a joke, but as he pointed out, it got me to smile and laugh).

Managed to fall back asleep, but FI is saying now I can't have anymore bad dreams (like I can help it). I'm concerned as to what my brain will cook up next.

Re: My unconscious mind is an evil, conniving bitch

• Options
    One of my colleagues would have a recurring dream about her wedding, throughout her entire engagement, where her wedding was only as complete to the point she'd planned in real life.  So there were dreams without cake, flowers, and a lot of other things that would stress a bride out.

I've not had any bad dreams yet, but I am sure they'll come up in the last month.
  • Options
    No more wine and cheese before bed, Chipmunk!

I've been having weird dreams too, but last night it wasn't wedding-related-- I was in a gladiator-style battle with Ryan Gosling.

Anyway, I hope that your brain settles down. Your FI is crazy about you and your wedding is going to be amazing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options

Ink....the sad thing is, I haven't had a glass of wine since last week.

My brain better settle down..or else.

• Options

:C that is tragic. /hugs
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Try not to think about the wedding in bed, and that should help. It's what worked for me.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:
    No more wine and cheese before bed, Chipmunk!

I've been having weird dreams too, but last night it wasn't wedding-related-- I was in a gladiator-style battle with Ryan Gosling.

Anyway, I hope that your brain settles down. Your FI is crazy about you and your wedding is going to be amazing.
    Ryan Gosling in a loincloth? Shit, I need to start dropping in on your dreams! 

I have also been having strange dreams. Every night for the past two weeks I've had recurring dreams based solely on an ex that I haven't seen for almost three years.

Chipmunk, maybe you not drinking is the problem! Drink more!
    Even better--- he was in one of those leather kilt things with leather straps across his chest, like this:

eyeroll
  • Options
    A week from tomorrow??? EEEEEKKKK!! =oD
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    happymellowhappymellow member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    I dreamed it was two days before my wedding and I still hadn't sent invites.  Luckily, those went out a while ago.  I'm about a month away at this point, and so far, that's the only dream.  I'm sure everything will go well, Chipmunk.  All the posts I've seen of yours seem like you're on top of everything.  It'll be an awesome day!!
  • Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Inkdancer said:

:C that is tragic. /hugs
    Oh noooos! Here please have some wine!

I have had some stupid dreams lately. My last one? I dreamed that my fiance was looking desperately for a croissant. I had one to give him but he couldn't see it and I was invisible. I was trying to get his attention and say 'here! here! here!'

Instead he took another girl's croissant and left with her. LOL. My dreams are ridiculous.
  • Options

@addie, thing is, I'm not thinking about the wedding before bed-I'm reading historical fiction on my kindle and letting kitties climb all over me....

my mind is just evil.

• Options
    Haha, oh no! I tend to have really crazy and weird dreams. My latest one is that I went into my bosses office, and he had a bed in there and he told me to lay next to him to nap. Then we did things. I am not even REMOTELY interested in my boss smh. Next month is bonus and raise time. I think my evil mind was trying to think of ways to secure my raise.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I actually had to stop reading these message boards for a while because I started dreaming that my wedding had like a 5 hour gap and was a PPD. (It doesn't have a gap; the ceremony and reception are in the same room, so the guests have a cocktail hour with an open bar and hors d'oeuvres while we chill in the bridal suite, get things signed, and have a glass (or 3) of wine, and of course it's not a PPD!!!) During these dreams, all I served was bean dip at my wedding. That was it. Only bean dip. I've just recently been able to start reading these boards again WITHOUT the bean-dip wedding dreams.  
  • Options
    jessiray said:
    I actually had to stop reading these message boards for a while because I started dreaming that my wedding had like a 5 hour gap and was a PPD. (It doesn't have a gap; the ceremony and reception are in the same room, so the guests have a cocktail hour with an open bar and hors d'oeuvres while we chill in the bridal suite, get things signed, and have a glass (or 3) of wine, and of course it's not a PPD!!!) During these dreams, all I served was bean dip at my wedding. That was it. Only bean dip. I've just recently been able to start reading these boards again WITHOUT the bean-dip wedding dreams.  
    Well, I do like a really good bean dip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards