Louisiana-New Orleans

Suggestions for a Small Reception Under $5K

MrsK2015MrsK2015 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited March 2014 in Louisiana-New Orleans
My fiance and I are getting married on January 17th 2015. We have the church reserved, but we're having some trouble finding a reception venue in budget. We're only planning to have 50-60 people at our reception so I assumed that $5k would be enough. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't have a location preference, but I would like some place that includes catering, chairs, tables, and linens. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Suggestions for a Small Reception Under $5K

• Cedar grove Tchoupitoulas plantation has a pretty good deal for Saturday afternoons. I'm getting married there in October, but I've been a guest there and it's definitely a good deal! All inclusive venue! Ask for the petite package. Good luck!
  • Aeb74Aeb74 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    Have you checked out Irish cultural museum in the FQ? We are having both ceremony and reception there in November. We are pleased so far with dealing with the owner, Matthew, via phone/email as we are out of state. My brother in law was just in NO so did our tasting for us and came back with great things to say, setting my mind at ease! They have everything there including DJ. Good luck! :)
  • edited April 2014
    Aeb74 said:
    Have you checked out Irish cultural museum in the FQ? We are having both ceremony and reception there in November. We are pleased so far with dealing with the owner, Matthew, via phone/email as we are out of state. My brother in law was just in NO so did our tasting for us and came back with great things to say, setting my mind at ease! They have everything there including DJ. Good luck! :)

MrsK2015 said:
    My fiance and I are getting married on January 17th 2015. We have the church reserved, but we're having some trouble finding a reception venue in budget. We're only planning to have 50-60 people at our reception so I assumed that $5k would be enough. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't have a location preference, but I would like some place that includes catering, chairs, tables, and linens. Any suggestions are appreciated!

• Aeb74Aeb74 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment

You can do reception only there.  They seem very accomodating and the space would probably suit your head count well! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards