Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Sister dance?

I was thinking about an honor dance with my twin sister.  I was wondering what music would be fitting for a sibling dance?  Any ideas?  I was just wondering if there was any song besides "The Wind Beneath my Wings," by Bette Midler?

Re: Sister dance?

• You could pick any song that means something to the two of you.

That said, I would be wary of adding any more spotlight dances. If you're dancing with your father and your sister and your FI is dancing with his mother, that's an awful lot of dances for people to stand there and watch.

If you still want to honor your sister, you might consider this: play a song that's really fun to dance to, like Shout by the Isley Brothers or Happy by Pharrell Williams. You two could dance together for the first 30 seconds to a minute, then break apart and start inviting other guests to join you on the dance floor as a way to get the party going.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I was going to have a slow dance with her and then break into the Carlton (Tom Jones).  I wanted to dance with my Grandpa, too, since he is walking me down the aisle.  But I agree.  Too many dances is attention whorish, so I will probably pick another slow dance and dance with him, it just won't be a spotlight dance.  My FI's mom is deceased, I am trying to get him to dance with each his sisters for his first song.  But it is up to his comfort level.  His mother passed away several years ago,so I don't think it would be too hard for him to dance with the other important women in his life.  Again, up to his comfort level.  But, whatever we do, we won't hog the dance floor.  We want our guests to enjoy the night too, and not just watch us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards