October 2015 Weddings

Hi all!

Just wanted to say Hi! I got engaged in January of this year and am planning/have booked (yay!) our wedding for 10/17/2015! I'm so looking forward to meeting other people who can relate to the "Oh October! Oh..what? NEXT October?!?!?" conversation!

Re: Hi all!

• hahaha! I know what you're saying. We got engaged on Christmas eve and have had this said to us quite a few times...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to a bridal show in Madison Wisconsin a couple months ago and instead of saying October 2015 I just started saying next fall! I think it is great having a long engagement...! 
  • Awwww, you're having a Sweetest Day wedding :) That's the date I really wanted, but it is the day right after my FMIL's birthday, as well as my soon-to-be step-sister's birthday (who also owns a bakery/catering service and will be making our cake as well as catering our wedding). 
  • I've started just letting people at bridal shows etc who it won't really matter to in the long run think it's this October! It's easier than explaining! Can't wait for November so when I say October, everyone will assume the correct October!
  • Aww!!! I've never even heard of Sweetest Day!!!! We're getting married at a major outdoor concert venue in Colorado, so that was the first day they had available after concert season. How perfect is that?! I'm envisioning a cute insert in the programs perhaps? Hmmmmm....
  • So excited to hear all about your wedding plans! My fiance and I are getting married 10/17/2015 as well. It's my parents' anniversary, so it's a very special date to me. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards