Ohio-Cleveland

Wedding Vendor Reviews

Hi all!!  Just got married on 2/22, and put together a review of my vendors for all of the Cleveland Brides-to-be out there.  Hope this is helpful & feel free to ask questions!!

Reception Venue: Springvale Ballroom – Definitely lived up to their near perfect reputation.  Sarah, the Event Coordinator, was so easy to work with, patient, flexible, and made sure everything was perfect on my wedding day.  We met about 3 weeks before the date and went over everything, and you could just tell she is very organized; I never worried about anything going wrong on Springvale’s end.  Beautiful venue and a great value, I highly recommend.

Photographer: CLG Photography – Our wedding photos turned out great; we couldn’t be happier.  Chris and Laura are great at discretely capturing awesome candid shots, I would say that is definitely their greatest strength.  We used them because we were impressed with their work at by BFF’s wedding about 2 years ago.  We also used them for engagement photos, which we actually were not crazy about – but it isn’t totally their fault bc I just am really bad at “posing” for a photo, aka there were lots of awkward photos.  Like I said, candid shots are their strength.

Alterations: Miranda’s Vintage Bridal – One of my favorite vendors.  Miranda has a really good eye for details; she noticed and was able to point things out that I didn’t even pick up on.  She is very experienced and got my dress fitting perfectly to every curve of my body.  Her boutique in Tremont is adorable, and so is she; I just couldn’t see any normal, sane person every having issues with her!!

Cake (cupcakes): Sweets by Maggie – Our guests are still talking about the cupcakes Maggie provided for our venue.  I am definitely a “cake person” and have tried out almost every cupcake shop in northeast Ohio; Sweets by Maggie is the best.  Her prices are low for the quality; many places that are not as good are more expensive.  Just to throw out some recommendations, my groom & I chose a variety of our favorite flavors for our day: red velvet, buckeye, salted caramel, cookie dough, and classic vanilla.  Yum!!!

Hotel block: Courtyard Marriott by the Airport (North Olmsted) – Multiple complaints here; would not recommend.  They were telling some of our guests that rooms were completely booked, but when they would call back at later times and get different people, suddenly rooms were available?   This happened to multiple guests and caused some to book elsewhere and miss out on the shuttle service.  On that note, after meeting the quota for a free shuttle service and reviewing the timing/details TWICE with Marriott staff, I got a phone call the week of my wedding from a different staff member saying that we did not meet the quota for free shuttle service but could pay for it if we choose.  This was straightened out after I argued/complained, but the week of my wedding it would have been very nice not to deal with that.  We also found out from family members that they did not place welcome bags in all of our guests rooms, which is totally frustrating because of the time and money we wasted putting those together for our guests.  So mad at this place!!!

DJ: Jerry Bruno Productions (Tommy Dwyer) – Both Jerry Bruno and Tommy Dwyer were very personable, organized, and made us feel very comfortable trusting them to handle the music for our day.  I did have a slight complaint; which was that the dancing kind of got help up between 9:00-10:00 because Tommy was playing Motown instead up top 40 (we requested to keep the Motown minimal) and our friends wanted to dance.  Finally my husband asked him (at 10:00) to stop the motown and play some current music; which Tommy immediately did.  I would use them again, just wish we would have said something sooner.

Limo: All Occasions Limo – Limo driver was friendly, courteous, there when he needed to be and got us everywhere on time, for by far the lowest price we were able to find in Northeast Ohio.  We used an entertainment book coupon to get an awesome deal.  Recommend!

Photoooth: Prelude Photography photobooth – Correspondence was sort of slow with these people and since we had gotten a nearly to-good-to-be-true deal on the photobooth, we were somewhat nervous that they wouldn’t show up or just that something would happen.  Not the case!  They were there on time and our friends had so much fun with the photobooth.  It wasn’t a totally “real” photoboth – we noticed the operator was discretely snapping the photos from the outside via some kind of remote rather than the booth automatically taking the photos, but I don’t think many people noticed and it was just as fun either way.  The operator was friendly, polite, outgoing, and kept the party going.  

Flowers: Swank Floral Creations – Shannon Swank, the owner, works out of her home, and therefore is able to offer very competitive pricing.  Floral arrangements turned out beautiful, for hundreds of dollars less than my second lowest quote.  Shannon personally dropped off the flowers to my church for the ceremony, helped the groomsmen pin on their boutonnieres, and made sure all the bridesmaids knew how to hold our bouquets.  Only complaint was that correspondence was a little slow, which was because my e-mails were going to her spam.  As a side note: I first fell in love with Molly Taylor florists out of Hudson, but they are so busy it was clear that I was not an important client to them.  I had to wait weeks before they could fit me into their schedule for a consultation, wait a few more weeks for the (astronomical) quote, then the pro was that I never even had to tell them I wasn’t using them because they never bothered to follow up J.

Favors: 2 Bubbis Cookies – Provided decorative cookies that actually tasted good, too!  Lots of those really pretty cookies you get at weddings and events are hard and just not enjoyable to eat, but these cookies are soft and flavorful.  Here is a link to their website since they are kind of small and unheard of: http://www.2bubbiescookies.com

Tuxes: Tuxedo Junction:  I have a feeling working with a bunch of dudes can be a challenge, but these people handled it well.  Let me tell you, I had to nag my groom to nag his groomsmen for MONTHS before those guys went in and got measured.  One of them even waited until the week before our wedding.  The staff their kindly called me after the groom wasn’t responding to their calls, good move, to let me know I needed to go bridezilla on that groomsman J.  They were very nice about it though, got all the tuxes in on time, and were totally patient with us when we switched things up three times after our original booking.  One of our groomsman’s pants didn’t fit when he tried them on 2 days before our wedding, and they made sure to get him a new pair for our day.  Prices were very reasonable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards