Wisconsin

Wausau, WI reception site

Hey all you central WI brides out there!

I am having a heck of a time finding a nice, affordable reception site. So far I have looked at the Jefferson Inn and Fairfield Inn.

I have appts to look at The Great Hall (Grand Theatre) and The Grand Lodge but I don't know where else to look!

I don't want the Rose Garden, my high school prom was there, that would just feel weird.

Any help would be great : ) Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Wedding website soon to come!

Re: Wausau, WI reception site

• edited December 2011
    Absolutely go with the Grand Theatre! It has so much character! I've shot at the Fairfield and the Grand Lodge, but the Grand has BY FAR been my favorite!!! Trust me, it is a BEAUTIFUL venue and, since it's what I focus on, the photos there are beautiful and the lighting is great!
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! Other suggestions I have:

Rib Mt Ski Chalet
    Dales Weston Lanes
    Howard Johnson
    Wausau Country Club
    Greenwood Hills Country Club
    Rothschild Pavilion
    The Plaza Hotel
    Stoney Creek Inn
    Great Dane Pub

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I didn't even think of the Wausau Country Club! Thanks : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding website soon to come!
  • edited December 2011
    The country club is nice, however, it has a very pronounced decor already so if you are doing something drastically different like purples or pinks, it may clash quite a bit. It is beautiful though. It has a really pretty bridge that was great for photos. I didn't get to see all the grounds for the wedding I shot their because it had just rained and most of the grounds were flooded. (Last year when a ton of areas flooded up there)
  • edited December 2011
    I would also check out the Elks lodge,  and if the Green Mill i still around check that out. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I am having mine at The Pinewood. VERY AFFORABLE!!!
    You do not have to pay for the venue, just the food!!!

• aschu945aschu945 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking for the same thing! The Howard Johnson has their whole wedding package posted on their website! 
    We're still looking too though...how much is the Grand? That's on my list of places to contact too
  • My daughter recently booked the Wausau Country Club. She and her fiance had looked at EVERY venue in wausau. They choose the Country Club. Their wedding is not huge. They liked the feel and the idea that there was a nice outdoor space. Also the whole area is very pretty and the rooms feel comfortable and cozy yet elegant as well. Not a lot of decorations are needed since the rooms are pretty. Think they will just have big boquets of fresh flowers on all the tables. We booked in may because we were told the water turns a yucky green in mid and late summer. They are still trying to decide where to have the dance floor placed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards