Moms and Maids

It's My Fault

So when I got engaged I asked all of the ladies and sent them a color sample. I said they could get any dress they felt comfortable in but I wanted the color to be as close to the color sample as possible. Well, most of the maids went to Davids Bridal and got their dress in the same color (Horizon). One of the ladies. is planning on using the dress she wore to her Junior prom (shes a college sophomore). The thing is that the dress is a lot darker than everyone else. It's a darker navy blue. It's my fault because I should have said everyone get Horizon. Ugh I feel like she is going to stick out in her much darker dress.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It's My Fault

• She might, but there's nothing you can do about it. You could maybe find a way to mention that everyone else got DB's Horizon and maybe she will want to get it, too, if she thinks she will stick out. You have to be careful not to appear like you are suggesting that, though.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If I were in her position, I would want to know about this and I would probably go grab a dress from DB so that I didn't stand out. Agree with PP, be careful about how it's worded so that she doesn't feel pressured, but I think you should at least mention it so she doesn't feel awkward when she shows up to the wedding!

And if she wants to wear the prom dress anyway, then it will be fine. If the dresses are all different styles anyway, it might not even stand out as much as you think!
  • If I were her, I would want to know that every other bridesmaid would be in the exact colour Horizon except for me. 
  • I texted her and told her that everyone else is wearing horizon and that I don't want her to feel like the odd one out. Thanks for the advice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards