Texas-Houston
Options

Vendor Reviews: Wedding 12/29/13

Vendor review

Nouveau Antique Art Bar – Wedding and Reception: The owner of NAAB, Clark, is unbelievable.  He is the most accommodating, responsive, and professional individual I worked with.  Our parents definitely freaked out that we were getting married in a bar, but once they got in there for the wedding, they were enamored and charmed.   The Tiffany lamps are amazing and the venue required little to no decoration.  Clark set out candles, the gift table, a guest book table, the linens were beautiful and charming (and included in the price).  It was so reasonable and the well alcohol was included.  AND he put up with our rowdy friends.  He also coordinated with the deejay, the florist, and the chair rental.

Any Occasion Party Rental - Chairs-   We realized at the last minute we needed chairs.  They let the venue keep them for the weekend so we didn’t have to pay a weekend delivery fee.  Clark set them up.  The price was a little high, but I was in need of a quick fix.

AFC Transportation - We hired a bus to take guests from the wedding to the hotel.  “Ricky Bobby” was our driver and maneuvered that 60 person bus around midtown like a charm.  He was extremely attentive, efficient, and this was a small price to pay to ensure our guests’ safety. 

Jeff Plummer at HEB Montrose Market: Flowers were not something that I budgeted a lot of money for, and I had planned to order my flowers from Sam’s Club and make up the bouquets with my mom.  However, Sam’s said they didn’t deliver the week before my wedding.  I called their distributor who said that they could see no reason why they wouldn’t deliver.  It was a mess.  Anyways, I called a HEB close to Nouveau Antique Art Bar, and their flowers exceeded my expectations.  The flowers were amazing and were still fresh a week later, when I got back from my honeymoon.  Jeff and Enrique were easy to work with and accommodating.  They even used some “recycled jar vases” I put together (which saved me $200).  I delivered them before Christmas and they looked impeccable at our wedding on the 29th.   

Scott Kelley Photography – I spent more money on this than anything else.  I’m glad I did.  The photos look great and I loved working with his assistant, Stephanie.  She’s very intuitive and wants to ensure you’re having a good time.  They know what they’re doing, and I appreciated that. 

Ventura’s Bridal – Dress and alterations – I found them really helpful for the dress and alterations; however, I’m an amateur sewer and I could have tacked in the cups like they did $10 instead of $25 or $50.   The alterations were $400 and the dress was $700 before alterations.  Just beware of those costs.

Goode Company BBQ- Delicious and we had so much left over.  We ended up giving it all away because we left on our honeymoon the next day.  The workers didn’t really look happy until I gave them a tip (which I thought was included), and I felt kind of conned into.  I also wish they wouldn’t have asked me for that at my wedding; I’ve never had a wedding before so I didn’t know if this was normal. 

Alphorn Bakery – Mine was the most delicious wedding cake I’ve ever tasted.  They don’t nickel and dime you with delivery costs.  After I tasted the cake at the tasting, I was sold.

Brandi Seifert – Makeup – It wasn’t cheap, but I thought it looked realistic, but dressed up.  Also, I have really oily skin, and I had coverage all night.  She was great.

Random tips: I didn’t have bridesmaids because my friends are all over the country.  The only people in our wedding party were my groom, my dad, and our nephew/ring bearer.  At first this decision was out of necessity, but then I thought this was a great way to save money and drama.  I realize how rare it is, but I’m so glad.  Also, I booked a massage therapist to give my groom and I massages before I got my makeup and hair done.  This was the best decision I made, and was a great way to center myself before the long night. 

Re: Vendor Reviews: Wedding 12/29/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards