Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Chatter

Morning, ladies. 

I am SO tired again today. I've been sleeping normally but for some reason I've felt so exhausted all week. 

What's going on with you all? 

Re: Thursday Chatter

• Morning!
    I'm meeting with a retirement counselor person this morning. To get advice on how to save for retirement. So weird.

• @tuarceatha - How responsible of you! It really freaks me out to think of retirement. 

• edited March 2014

I've been exhausted too, but I've had rehearsal until 10ish all this week and tonight.  Last night in the second act my character gets married. I started bawling as I was walking down the aisle with actor who plays my dad in the show.  It was pretty funny, but I don't know how I'm not going to cry at all when it's the actual day of the wedding.  I am going to be a mess. Also today is exactly 100 days.

Last night I got some lovely frames shipped to me from @Audrewuh from her wedding, that I am using for table numbers for mine.  I think they will look great, it means a lot to me actually to have something from you guys as part of my day. 

I would really like to go back to bed right now.

ETA b/c I can't type...

Anniversary

• More stress at work - I haven't been able to check in with you ladies much.  My whole body hurts from all the stress!!  I really just want to curl up in my bed and sleep for 3 weeks straight! (OK that might be an exaggeration.)

Anniversary
  • @TwoDimes - I saw you said you were up at "ass o'clock" in the accountability thread and it made me giggle. How exciting for your parents! 

I have a hard time sleeping without H too! He plays hockey once a week (usually on Sunday or Monday night) and sometimes the games are really late and he won't get home until 1am. It takes me forever to fall asleep and I have the hardest time staying asleep until he's in bed next to me. 

• I get freaked out by retirement too. My dad is like my retirement counselor, he knows so much about 401k plans and everything. It's way over my head.

Today I have my weekly meeting with my boss and then I'm going to lunch with my mom and @lmhollister. It felt weird not bringing my lunch box with me to work.

I got stuck in the worst traffic EVA this morning. They completely shut down the highway and I just sat there. I wanted to scream and I did.

I'm nervous for CrossFit tonight because we are doing double unders and I can do them but they are never consistent so tonight can either go horribly or be awesome...we shall see.
  • @swazzle I fear this meeting will be a bust because I know jack about retirement. But perhaps I will learn something, or at least gain a better idea of what I want to be doing to prepare for retirement. We'll see. 
  • @peaseblossom55 - I ended up not using them at all but those frames originally came from me :)

What will your table numbers look like? I can't believe you're about to be in double digits already!

• I'm tired today too.

my BP is already sky high.  the biggest application I own at work has blown up last night and again this morning, for no reason.  I can see my "H" promotion, flying away... if my boss gets wind of it, I'm toast (even though it's on the SA side and not my programming side... this lady doesn't discriminate!) ... I'm in mail jail (AGAIN).  AH!

however, I am wearing my new glasses and love them!

I just need some puppy snuggles and hugs.  WHEW.
  • @swazzle, i2i. I've gone to bed early every day and have almost slept through my alarm. Which means my butt hasn't been to the gym all week and I'm feeling it.

Idk what my issue is. Hopefully I can pull it together. Tonight S has a track meet and C has a banquet that bf will be attending with him, so I have the house to myself to do my hair and laundry before we leave tomorrow night for bfs moms again this weekend due to football. *sigh* I like the football event but it's getting tiresome taking my whole weekends due to traveling. Fall football isn't so much traveling as spring is.
  • Morning everyone!

I'm up early due to my interview. I probably could have slept for at least another 30 minutes though, because I have about an hour before I have to leave and I'm basically ready. I'm super nervous about it, so I'm trying to prepare as best I can. I wish I could go back to sleep, but that would mess up my hair and makeup that I just spent an hour doing.

After my interview, I have a butt load of homework. BF gets off of his awesome brand new job at 5:30, so I'm hoping I can finish my homework before then so we can hang out tonight.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @dignity100 - We miss you around here! I hope things with work get better soon. 

@southernpeach89 - I know nothing about it too. When I first started working, my mom helped me fill out all of the paperwork so I just did what she said to do. I did go on to the 401k website recently and adjust where my funds are allocated and it seems like I'm getting more of a return now which is pretty cool! 

@tuarceatha - Go and learn and then share your knowledge with us :)

@CocoBellaF - I hope things turn around with your application. I don't really understand what you mean but it definitely doesn't sound good. Fingers crossed for you!

• Morning!!

I keep thinking today is Friday :(  Its really depressing.  Today is my little sister's birthday so FI and I are driving to my hometown to go out to dinner with my family.

FI and I started yoga last night.  He bought me a pretty green mat so that kinda got me excited for it.  I didnt feel extremely relaxed afterwards, probably because I was more focused on getting the poses down than focusing on myself, but my joints and back felt amazing afterwards and I was surprised when I woke up this morning that my arms are little sore from it. I'm definitely gonna keep up with it and hopefully once I get more familiar with poses and I can start focusing more on myself.
    Anniversary

• @swazzle, yay the frames made it back to NJ. We have white table clothes or may be Ivory I forget. We ordered these vases on Monday @allusive007 gave me this website, FI & I really loved these vases

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/mercury-glass-vase-57052.html

Once the vases come in I will bring them to the florist so she can do a mock up but there will be light pink roses, white hydrangeas and queen anne's lace.  The table are going to be named after love movies as well with a quote from each movie on the table.

Anniversary

• Good morning! I had a nice happy hour last night with FI and my friend. Today I'll be babysitting for a few hours later this afternoon, and doing proofs for an Etsy order I'm working on. 

I also SHOULD go to the gym, but I don't think that's happening. I'm feeling too lazy. Maybe tomorrow?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @swazzle I'm tired too! I've been getting up at 4am this week to work OT, but my boss told me I could sleep in tomorrow and Monday (Yay!!!!!)

@tuarceatha I met with a retirement person from our 401k company a few years ago. It was interesting, but I take retirement advice from my dad who retired at 60 with plenty of money to survive! He tells me what to invest on my 401k once a year and then I don't pay attention to it. When I get a raise I up my contribution 1% too but I think that maxes out after so long. I'm completely useless hahaha!

@twodimes yay for your parents trip to Mexico, where are they staying? My friend took her mom to Jamaica a few weeks ago and her mom LOVED it. It was the first time ever her mom had been on a vacation. Usually they go to India every couple of years and that's not really vacation since they're visiting family. Now my friend is trying to convince her dad to go too!

@dignity100 sorry you haven't been able to hang out!

Nothing much going on here, I made pork chops last night and then realized I didn't like pork chops, so I didn't eat much for dinner :( I'm FINALLY getting excited about my trip to Europe since my boss approved my PTO. My mom just told me this vacation is the calm before the storm because when I get back, we're going to start DIYing wedding stuff. FI and I talked yesterday and decided to get our invites made instead of DIYing them since the labor involved was a pain in the ASS. We ordered some samples from Wedding Paper Divas and we'll see how that goes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @twodimes that's a very nice resort!!! I hope they have a lot of fun down there! Tell your dad to have a beverage for me!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @peaseblossom55 - I love those vases! I really wanted to use that website when I was planning but the shipping was always outrageous for some reason and I hate paying for shipping. 

• @Swazzle - basically it's not a problem on my end, but on someone else's end..  but my mom will still have MY head if it keeps going down and crashing.  I maintain/own a website kind of like Amazon, but for the government's Dept of Transpotation (National Airspace System aka NAS).  it's not just my application either, but whatevs.  It's working (for now).
  • @swazzle it wasn't too bad, we got 20 vases and shipping was almost exactly $200.  We haven't ordered too much stuff yet and FI has amazon prime too.

Anniversary

• @swazzle- My Dad did the same thing for me kind of. I filled out my paperwork when I first set up my 401k by myself with my first company that I worked for, luckily my coworker was there to help me with the allocation of funds.

Recently though, I had to rollover my 401k to another company since I just moved jobs back in December. It was awful! I had to sit there with my Dad for what felt like hours discussing how to go through this process and I wanted to scream! I'm glad it's over with.
  • Morning, everyone!

I'm tired and stiff. My experiment yesterday was another blooming disaster. I'm not even going near the lab today. I'm going to work on coursework instead. Or something. Maybe I'll write. I can be productive and stay far away from my reactor.

Tonight after work I'm going over to BF's because he has a DVR. We're going to watch Mythbusters, About A Boy, Growing Up Fisher, and Vikings. I think Growing Up Fisher has more potential than About A Boy, mostly because I can't see how they're going to make AAB an ongoing series. It's too one-offy. Maybe we'll play some Lego Marvel Super Heroes. Maybe I'll sleep tonight. That would be nice.

@TwoDimes - hope your parents have fun!
    @CocoBellaF - ugh! Application problems are the worst and it sucks your boss would blame it on you.
    @FoxandBunny - Good luck at your interview!
  • @TwoDimes, the pilot episode might be up on NBC's website. They've only aired two episodes so far.
  • Good morning! I'm really grumpy lately. And today it's nasty and gray out, reminds me of NJ (sorry @Swazzle). It sucks. I'd so much rather be snuggling with BF all day. 

@IrishDreamer - Ugh, seriously, I LOVE my girls, but their sports activities really suck up my time. DD1's first soccer game of the season is this Saturday and I'm soooo not ready. There go our weekends again!

@CocoBellaF - I'm sorry you're in mail jail again, did they ever get you out yesterday? Or are you still in it? And I'm really sorry your program is being the suck. Any idea what's causing the issue? I hope you can figure it out soon.

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @Ollie08 the sun has been out for two days in Minnesota and a whopping 19 degrees yesterday, and I can already feel my mood coming up!! I think it's ALMOST OVER!

• @brerhodes - I'm glad you guys are starting to thaw out! I was just rubbing it in yesterday that at lunch I sat outside in the sun (I'm in FL). It was glorious! 75, sunny, just perfect. So today is apparently my karma. 

• @Ollie08 - I just got out of Mail Jail, HALLELUJAH.  I think we've figured out what's causing the application to crash... and like I said, it was NOT something I did.  WHEW.  hopefully it's over.

I'm already hungry... it's only been 3 hours since breakfast, what's up with that?!?!
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Oh :(  I'm terribly jealous now, and now I have lost my sympathy for you ;)
  • @CocoBellaF - WOOHOO!!!!! On both accounts! I'm glad you think you've found the problem and it wasn't anyone's fault. Also to finally be out of mail jail is just awesome.

@brerhodes - Yeah, I figured. I felt bad taking advantage of your sympathy :-)

• TGIThursday, ladies!

I have an RFP I really should be finishing, but I'm obviously dragging my feet here in Knotland instead. It's not been my best week on the motivation front, I tell ya. I'm wondering just how much time I can waste before heading out early for my MUCH needed hair appointment this afternoon? "Hi, my name is Niccirf, and it's been 8 weeks since my last color". I hope my stylist doesn't quit me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards