Ohio-Columbus

Sunday Brunch Ideas

Looking for ideas near/around the downtown area for a Sunday brunch after the wedding.  Needs to accommodate 60 adults and 20 children.  Thought about the hotel but they quoted $1500 for a buffet, which seems a little steep considering it was basically a continental breakfast.  Not looking for anything fancy just a place to spend a little more time with our out of town guests before they head home.  Thanks :)

Re: Sunday Brunch Ideas

• edited March 2014
    Renaissance hotel had a nice brunch buffet last time I was there. I don't know if Schmidt's would do breakfast, but their lunch buffet in the banquet haus is SUPER affordable.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Dempsey's downtown is nice--it's small, but they serve breakfast/brunch and might be willing to work with you on having the place to yourself?
    If you reach out to smaller/locally owned spots downtown you might be able to get them to rent their space to you for a time block in the morning?  You'd be surprised at how accommodating they can be! We were actually going to rent out Milestone 229 for our wedding, and the cost for a Saturdaynight all included was 20% less than the venue we ended up picking!  Always worth asking, you never know! :)
  • We are doing ours at the Sheraton (the hotel the guests are staying at) for convenience.They waived the room fee, so we are just paying for food. There is a back part of the restaurant on the 2nd floor that is nice, and doesn't have that "box/ballroom" feel.
  • Look up Zen Cha tea salon!  Their original location is in the Short North but they've added some new locations since I lived there, including one in Bexley.  I haven't seen any of the locations other than the Short North one, and it's pretty small.  But maybe you could just call them and get a feel for whether or not they'd accommodate you.  (And if you do call them, let me know what you find out, because we were thinking about doing a Sunday brunch here!)

They seriously have an amazing brunch.  I highly recommend the Maui pancakes.  And they're a tea place so they have like 120+ varieties of tea!  
  • Due Amici on Gay Street has a yum Sunday brunch menu - and I think they have a private dining area...?  
  • Thanks so much for the suggestions I'm going to look into the places mentioned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards