Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Creative Signature Cocktail

Hi!  We are looking for a creative signature drink for our reception.  It is included in our venue/package.  Originally we were going to do a St. Martin-i because we got engaged in St. Martin.  BUT i dont want  martini.  Just looking for any suggestions.  Our theme is "formal elegance" if i have to sum it up. Our colors are black, purple & ivory.  also with a little "bling".  Any creative suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Re: Creative Signature Cocktail

• Options
    Formal elegance.  So something very sophisticated?  Well, martinis are very sophisticated, but there are other things.  What types of alcohol do you like?  That would help me narrow it down. 
  • Options
    I found this:

Purple Signature Drinks for Your Wedding - Recipes

Following are some purple drinks your guests are sure to remember. Note: Add the ingredients in the order they are listed, and don't skimp on the ice. If the drink does not call for ice in a collins glass, first shake the ingredients (not carbonated sodas) in a mixer and strain into a chilled martini or other glass.

Purple Martini

2 oz. vodka
    ¾ oz. purple juice drink (Purple Drank™) - or a mix of cranberry and blueberry juices
    ½ oz. triple sec
    Pour into a shaker glass filled with ice, shake, and drain into chilled glasses with ice. Garnish with a twist of lemon.

Purple Haze

½ oz vodka
    ½ oz Chambord
    Dash Sweet & Sour Mix
    Dash Cranberry Juice
    Pour into a shaker glass filled with ice, shake, and drain into chilled glasses with ice. While this is normally served in a shot glass, you can adjust the amount of the ingredients to fit in a highball glass. Garnish with a raspberry.

Purple Haze Martini
    1 oz. freshly squeezed pomegranate juice or
    POM 100% Pomegranate Juice
    1 ½ oz Hpnotiq
    1 ½ oz pineapple juice
    Pour into a shaker glass filled with ice, shake, and drain into chilled glasses with ice. Garnish with a twist of orange rind.

Purple Hooter

1½ oz vodka
    ½ oz Raspberry Liqueur
    Dash of Vermouth
    ½ oz Sweet & Sour Mix
    Add ingredients to cocktail shaker filled with cracked ice. Pour through strainer into chilled sugar-rimmed martini glass. Garnish with a raspberry.

Purple Turtle

1 oz coconut rum
    1 oz triple sec
    2 oz cranberry juice
    ½ oz blue curacao
    Add ingredients to cocktail shaker filled with cracked ice. Pour through strainer into rocks glass. Garnish with a cherry and pineapple chunk on a skewer.

Purple Tootsie Pop

2 oz grape vodka
    1 oz regular vodka
    Splash of triple sec
    Splash of sweet & sour
    Splash of Frangelica
    Add ingredients to cocktail shaker filled with cracked ice. Pour through strainer into rocks glass. Use purple Tootsie Pops as stirrers.

Purple Russian

1 oz blue curaçao
    1 oz. vodka or grape vodka
    1 oz. lemon lime soda
    3 dashes grenadine syrup
    Add ingredients to cocktail shaker filled with cracked ice. Pour through strainer into rocks or martini glass.

Lavender Cosmopolitan

1 oz Mandarin vodka
    1 oz Parfait Amour
    1 oz cranberry juice

Add ingredients to cocktail shaker filled with cracked ice. Pour through strainer into rocks glass. Garnish with slice or wedge of lime.

Raspberry Mojito

1½ oz white rum
    1½ oz raspberry liqueur
    ½ oz simple syrup
    Club soda
    Large dash of lime juice or Rose's lime juice
    Add ingredients (except soda) to cocktail shaker filled with cracked ice. Pour through strainer into highball glass. Fill with club soda. Color will be dark purple. For a more "purple" purple, add a dash of blue curaçao. Garnish with a blackberry and raspberry.

Pomegranate Splash

1 oz Pom or pomegranate mixer/juice
    ½ oz wild blueberry mixer/juice
    1 oz vodka
    ½ oz raspberry Chambord
    Add ingredients to cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until cold and frothy. Pour through strainer into chilled martini glasses.

Superhero

2 oz. vodka
    2 oz. tequila
    3 oz. blueberry syrup
    Club soda
    Add ingredients (except soda) to cocktail shaker filled with cracked ice. Pour through strainer into highball glass. Fill with club soda. Garnish with a raspberry.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @BlueBirdMB our martini idea was fun but i wanted something over ice for some reason.  my personal favorite is a margherita or a a fruity mixed drink. 

@RedJacks25 wow they are some great suggestions... i will go through all of them!

Not sure if this would come into play at all- it's just me thinking way too much but both of our names begin with a C and wanted to incorporate C squared somehow.  Probably means nothing for this discussion.... but if anyone can think of something fun and creative..im all ears :).
  • Options
    Going along the sour, citrus flavor of a margarita (all served over ice):

Caipirinha
    1 oz lime juice 
    1/2 simple syrup
    2 oz cachaca 

Mojito 

Daiquiri over over (no the frozen ones)

A true Mai Tai (this was our signature drink.  I have the best recipe ever)
    1 oz dark rum (myers)
    1 oz white rum (bacardi)
    1/2 oz triple sec
    3/4 oz Orgeat syrup
    1 oz lime juice

Southside (very Gatsby)
    2 oz gin
    1 oz simple syrup
    1 oz lime juice
    3/4 oz soda water
    Muddle 2 sprigs of mint with 2 pieces of lime.  Add lime juice, simple syrup, and gin.  Shake.  Add soda water and stir.

Bees Knees (also very Gatsby era)
    2 oz vodka
    1 oz lemon juice
    1/2 oz honey
    3 drops vanilla extract

Tom Collins

Fruity drinks (this is not my specialty- I just hate sweet drinks)

Tequila sunrise
    Rum punch
    Pomegranate margarita 

Paloma cocktail
    2 oz grapefruit juice
    1/2 lime juice
    2 oz tequila 
    1/2 oz simple syrup
    Shake and add club soda

Singapore Sling

• Options
    @kimches and @BlueBirdMB  all awesome ideas! i will definitely check our all of these and go through what i like! 

thanks everyone :)
  • Options
    Since you got engaged in St. Martin, at Plum Bay (French side) they serve a tasty little cocktail made with pomegranate, vodka, fresh lime and soda.  Everyone seemed to be drinking them.  The color and name would work for you, but only you will know if you like the taste.

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards