Ohio-Columbus

Cake!

Can anyone recommend a bakery? FIs mom has graciously given us $300 toward a cake. With appx 120 guests I'd like to find a reasonably priced, but tasty, baker. I will be putting some money with that likely but I'd like to stay close to $3ish/serving.

Re: Cake!

• There are probably lots of options for you - but - I was at an event a few weeks ago, and thought the cake by this bakery was delicious!  http://www.shawneehillsbakery.com/rich_text.html
  • So, our baker came with the reception hall and works exclusively with them, so I can't recommend her, BUT, my mom and step dad got their cake from Giant Eagle. It was delicious. Basically, don't rule someplace like that out for the cakes, they might be cheaper than a bakery. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • At my venue the buffet came with dessert included in the price, so we served apple pie (DH's fav) and white chocolate raspberry cake. His mom made us a small cake for us to cut. I'm pretty sure everyone assumed the cake was the same as the one we cut. It was WAAAAAAAY cheaper than buying a wedding cake. I'd recommend checking if your meal come with the choice of dessert or the cake cutting fee.
    GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We used Bess' Cakery in Westerville.  It was about $3.50/serving and no extra charge for different flavors and fillings.  She works out of her home and does a free tasting.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I second the Giant Eagle suggestion.  that's what we're going with, and I couldn't be happier. At least make an appointment for a tasting, you will be pleasantly surprised!
    We're expecting ~150 guests, and with delivery, our cake is a little over $300. 
  • Scrumptious Crumbs. Nothing but stellar reviews online! 
  • Thanks for the tips. I had no idea Giant Eagle did cakes. I'm going to see what kind of deserts my cater has. That might be a cool option
  • If you're close to a Buehler's (its a small grocery store, there is one in Delaware) if you are near that area, we've always done birthday cakes with them and they are delicious and I know they do wedding cakes that may be an option.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ahh I love Buehler's :) (I'm from NE Ohio so it's where we always shopped growing up)
  • Cindy at Enticing Icing is the best in town.  We had a two tier cake for display and a separate sheet cake (not your average sheet cake as it had layers just like the display cake).  I easily fed 75 people for $155.  Her talent before with decorating and taste cannot be beat, especially at her price.
    http://www.enticingicings.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards