Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Song down the aisle

I just wanted to get a few opinions to see what other brides think or are doing....

I absolutely do no want to walk down the aisle to the wedding march and am thinking to walk down the aisle to an instrumental version of "All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera.  My question is, does my song and the song that the bridal party walk down have to be different or can well all use the same song?

Re: Song down the aisle

• Options
    You can definitely do it either way. Some brides choose to go down to the same song as their bridesmaids, and some choose to have their own song.
    Either is totally fine.
    One thing to take into consideration, though, if using just one song, is if you have any preference for where in the song you'd walk in (example: lots of people use Canon in D with the BMs walking down in the slower instrumental part and then the bride coming in at the point where the song really picks up). So you just need to be more careful about the timing and people's walking speeds and such if you have a preference.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.  I will have to listen to my song choice again and mentally time it out before the rehearsal to see if I will still like having one song. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards