Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair problems...

I have naturally curly hair that I've relaxed for as long as I can remember.  A few months ago, my hair started falling out due to medications that I'm on that cannot be switched.  I made the decision to grow out my natural hair texture and cut off the lengths once it got warmer (shooting for April).  Well, I just got engaged (one week ago!), and now I don't know what to do.  I can mask the hair loss by styling, but I just hate the way my hair looks now and can't think of any solution.

I guess my questions are these:

1.  Anyone have any good solutions for hair loss?
2.  Should I cut my hair so short when I only have ~ two years to grow it back before a wedding?
3.  Any ideas on beautiful wedding wigs???

Re: Hair problems...

• I would talk to your hairstylist.  They should be able to give you some tips and tricks for your situation.  They should also be able to recommend what you should do in regards to cutting your hair.  Two years is a long time and depending on how quickly your hair grows you should be able to have a decent length of hair in that time period.

But if you do decide to cut your hair short and it isn't the length you had envisioned then you could always talk to your hairstylist about putting in temporary extensions for your wedding day (which are much more realistic in my opinion then a full wig).

• I agree talk to a hairstylist. Also look at wigs just in case.

• This might not be the same for everyone, but I too had an issue with growing my hair out a few years ago. Nothing I tried worked. I noticed though that once I stopped using heat tools on it often , only did it really start to grow out. I now barely use a straightener and let my hair dry naturally. Unless I am in a rush. 

If I use any hot tools, I use a small amount of argon oil, and rub it through my hair. That generally keeps it healthier and more safe from excessive breakage.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks for the tips, guys.

I stopped relaxing it, and I notice that it's growing much faster now.  I'm definitely going to have to give serious thought to the no heat idea. But, I'll see a hair stylist before anything else.  I'm praying I don't have bald spots under here!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards