Wedding Woes

Color crisis

hi all I just want to get your advice and/or thoughts!! So my fiancée has told me again he dose not like the color choice!!! I originally picked Plum (my fav color) and Olivine (his fav color) but he hated the purple! So I changed it to Navy/ Marine Blue and Sunflower Yellow. He wants sunflowers and no other flowers!! I was thinking wildflower mixed in with the sunflowers!! But anyways, He just told me tonight he doesn't like the Blue "I don't really like the blue" is what he said SO I asked what color he wants and he says Green but not a normal green he likes this somewhat Lime green that you are seeing all over the clothing stores. It has always been his color, I told him that, That green and sunflowers don't work well he said ok, My fav colors are Green Red Orange (again that bright orange) and Black!!! My wedding dress is Ivory/ Soft White, and the Marie from David's Bridal looks amazing with my dress color and the sunflowers!!! Argh!!! Im so flustered!!! I showed him my inspiration pictures and he said he liked them!! what do I do? I know its not just my wedding but his too!! Im giving on a lot of things that I always wanted to make him happy like the location and the amount of guest!!! HELP Thanks for the options and thoughts

Re: Color crisis

• Why don't you have plum and lime green? That way you can have a color you like, he can have a color he likes, and they look good together. If you both like sunflowers, you can still do them. Not everything has to match the color scheme.
  • Plum and lime green look amazing together. You can always have the bridesmaids in plum and have smaller touches of the green in the decor if you're worried about the sunflowers being up against green dresses. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • You realize that sunflowers have green stems, right?  So yellow and green do go together, quite well.  Hell just google "yellow and green centerpieces" and some gorgeous arrangements pop up.  I think yellow flowers against a green BM dress would be lovely and really pop in the pictures.

But, you get your purple and he gets his green.  The compromise is that you each get your favorite, whether the other one really likes it or not (compromise doesn't necessary mean you leave happy, it just means it's divied up as fairly as possible).  Those two colors are beautiful together.  

Your bouquet and centerpieces will need extra flowers or at least greenery in it to maintain a shape.  Perhaps buy a some sunflowers separately and do a show and tell?  "This is what this'll look like alone, this is how it looks with some pizzazz".
  • Agree with PPs. He got his colour and you get yours. If you do dark plum dresses (I did) and then have pops of yellow and lime green, it would look pretty.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I had originally gone with plum and lime green he hated that. Girls in purple and guys in green with sunflowers and he hated it. So I googled sunflowers and wedding that's where a came up with the navy for my girls to ware to make the flowers pop. he and I have been together for 5 yrs. been living together for 4, moved to another state and bought a house. I'm 27 he's 31, he's just being stubborn he wants a super simple wedding with everone in jeans and tees where as I would like a more of a traditional yet casual wedding. Oh and my dad would kill me if I eloped because I am the "baby" and his only girl! So I need some options and options thanks all!!
  • cole82486 said:
    I had originally gone with plum and lime green he hated that. Girls in purple and guys in green with sunflowers and he hated it. So I googled sunflowers and wedding that's where a came up with the navy for my girls to ware to make the flowers pop. he and I have been together for 5 yrs. been living together for 4, moved to another state and bought a house. I'm 27 he's 31, he's just being stubborn he wants a super simple wedding with everone in jeans and tees where as I would like a more of a traditional yet casual wedding. Oh and my dad would kill me if I eloped because I am the "baby" and his only girl! So I need some options and options thanks all!!
    *wear
    *everyone

Well, my guy was overreacting about stuff to begin with. At first he wanted superhero ties for the guys (that got nixed pretty quickly) and then he swung to the other extreme and wanted super formal everything. It just took some time and googling with him to get us on the same page. If your guy hasn't seen or been to a lot of weddings then he probably doesn't have much of a clue (which was true about my guy).  The only time we went to Pintrest was for color schemes. I also had to remind him that everything didn't have to be in our colors. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah seriously, this is not something to get upset about.  Plum, lime green, and sunflower yellow would all look great together.  It sounds more like you guys can't agree on the style of the wedding, not just the colors.

Having a big fancy wedding is not important in the grand scheme of things.  Find a happy medium where you are both comfortable.

And honestly I think it's kind of weird you would refer to yourself as your dad's "baby" at your age.  You sound sort of immature and it's coming across like you're just used to getting what you want.  Marriage is about compromise.  Coming to an agreement about wedding colors should not be hard.

Oh btw I'm a year younger than you, Fi is 28, and we are not involving our parents in our wedding almost at all.  We're adults and it's our wedding, our decisions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Yeah seriously, this is not something to get upset about.  Plum, lime green, and sunflower yellow would all look great together.  It sounds more like you guys can't agree on the style of the wedding, not just the colors.

Having a big fancy wedding is not important in the grand scheme of things.  Find a happy medium where you are both comfortable.

And honestly I think it's kind of weird you would refer to yourself as your dad's "baby" at your age.  You sound sort of immature and it's coming across like you're just used to getting what you want.  Marriage is about compromise.  Coming to an agreement about wedding colors should not be hard.

Oh btw I'm a year younger than you, Fi is 28, and we are not involving our parents in our wedding almost at all.  We're adults and it's our wedding, our decisions.
    Yes, I am 23 and FI is 24. We make our own decisions about our wedding because it is our wedding.  Aside from a slight issue with my father (which I resolved), our parents are staying out of our wedding decision. Since they offered to pay, we talk to them before we make any final decisions, but every decision has been made together (FI + me). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well thank you all for you input. All I was asking, and I guess I didn't make it very clear, was what would you do in this situation? As being referred to as the "baby" all I was saying is that he always introduces me as such, I do not always get my way not by a long shot, but that's all besides the point. My revised question is what do you do with a stubborn FI? I have been compromising, the wedding is going to be casual with touches of tradition. We are having the ceremony and reception by Lake Erie the flowers are mostly sunflowers, any thoughts on a color other than Navy? That's all I seem to be seeing.
  • cole82486 said:

Well thank you all for you input. All I was asking, and I guess I didn't make it very clear, was what would you do in this situation? As being referred to as the "baby" all I was saying is that he always introduces me as such, I do not always get my way not by a long shot, but that's all besides the point. My revised question is what do you do with a stubborn FI? I have been compromising, the wedding is going to be casual with touches of tradition. We are having the ceremony and reception by Lake Erie the flowers are mostly sunflowers, any thoughts on a color other than Navy? That's all I seem to be seeing.

I feel I must defend your Fi and point out that you're being stubborn too. You both need to compromise and we've shown you the easiest way to do that, at least for colors.
    And since you apparently haven't been reading the responses, we've already told you a color other than navy (which is a lower case "n" unless you're talking about a branch of the military, BTW): Plum
  • Are you having a florist, or doing the flowers yourself? If you have a florist, you could always ask them for help with the colors and figure out something as a compromise.
    There has to be some color scheme that you both can deal with. Personally I don't understand why he hates the purple so much. So he doesn't want it anywhere at the wedding at all?
    If he gets his favorite color, I really don't see why you getting yours is a big deal. Also, you have to have some other kind of greenery or flowers with the sunflowers if you want to have a fuller look for them. If you have a florist, they could show examples of photos of what they have done with those flowers.
  • cole82486 said:
    Well thank you all for you input. All I was asking, and I guess I didn't make it very clear, was what would you do in this situation? As being referred to as the "baby" all I was saying is that he always introduces me as such, I do not always get my way not by a long shot, but that's all besides the point. My revised question is what do you do with a stubborn FI? I have been compromising, the wedding is going to be casual with touches of tradition. We are having the ceremony and reception by Lake Erie the flowers are mostly sunflowers, any thoughts on a color other than Navy? That's all I seem to be seeing.
    I told you -- I would have told DH, 'Fine, you got your colour and I'm going to get mine.'

But DH and I also compromised and worked together on our wedding, and we both had the same vision for it -- Catholic Mass, sit-down reception, etc. 

You and your FI need to get on the same page in terms of formality first, then worry about the colour scheme.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards